The frozen waterfalls of Korouoma
- Journey from Rovaniemi into the Posio forest reserve
- Experience a fairy-tale forestland with blankets of snow covering the trees
- See the spectacular ice waterfall Korouoma
Winter comes early in the Arctic. The forests are blanketed with thick white snow and the trails have a meter of snowfall on them. This snow adds a dreamy and blurred look to the trees, making them much more photogenic!
Your morning shuttle departs from your hotel and heads to Posio's virgin forest area 160 km from Rovaniemi. Professional guides will escort you deep into the forest and provide snowshoes for a true arctic trekking experience. Halfway into the hike, your guide will start a bonfire and serve a traditional Arctic Circle cuisine.
- Pick-up from and drop-off to your hotel/accommodation
- Guide in English
- Winter clothes (overalls, boots, gloves and beanie)
- Snow campfire lunch
- Pick-up from Rovaniemi hotels only
Check HERE the full list of pick-up locations in Rovaniemi. Please keep in mind that If your hotel is not mentioned on the list and you still wish to arrange the pick-up you will have to pay an extra fee on site.
- Minimum people per booking is 2 adults
- Pick-up is available for free within a 16km radius of Rovaniemi, outside the radius pick-up is available for an extra fee.
- Tour operates from November to May
- Starting time is at 9.30am
- Departure may adjust according to different seasons
Get the best souvenir from your trip to Pyhä and take the perfect shot of the Aurora Borealis. This ...
Explore the Pyhä-Luosto National Park during the snowshoeing tour. Put on your snowshoes, grab your ...
Explore the ancient national park of Pyhä-Luosto National Park in the easiest way possible. Hop on y...
Go on a two-day adventure in the wild woods of Finland to find brown bears in their natural habitat....
Give yourself a little treat with this relaxing Finnish experience. Take a quick shower and step int...
Experience the beautiful wild nature of Lapland during this hiking adventure. Follow your profession...