There are many ways to get out of the city and see auroras, but for the adventurous nothing compares to viewing them by snowmobile. Riding across the snow under the stars is a real thrill! Arrive at a remote, outdoor fireplace where your guide will tell you all about the Northern lights, as you grill sausages over an open fire and drink hot juice. With a little luck, the lights will come out and fill the sky.
Northern lights hunt by snowmobile
Duration: 5 hours
Language: English , Italian , French , Spanish , German , Dutch , Finnish , Chinese
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Experience the thrill of riding a snowmobile under the stars
- Hunt for the northern lights in the most adventurous way
- Enjoy a break by an outdoor fireplace
What to expect
- Pick-up from and drop-off to your hotel/accommodation
- Guide in English (other languages available on request: Dutch, Finnish, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese)
- Winter clothes (overalls, boots, gloves and beanie)
- Campfire BBQ: reindeer meat sausages and hot drink
- Northern lights hunt by snowmobile
- Pick-up from Rovaniemi hotels only
Check HERE the full list of pick-up locations in Rovaniemi. Please keep in mind that If your hotel is not mentioned on the list and you still wish to arrange the pick-up you will have to pay an extra fee on site.
What to remember
- In order to drive a snowmobile, you have to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!)
- Northern lights sightings are subject to weather conditions and solar activity so therefore they are not guaranteed!
- 2 adults ride on one snowmobile or go as a single rider for an extra charge
- This tour is suitable for families with children - children ride in a sledge pulled by the guide's snowmobile. Children over 140cm tall will sit on the snowmobile and pay adult price
- You are recommended having an early dinner before you depart
- Pick-up is available for free within a 16km radius of Rovaniemi, outside the radius pick-up is available for an extra fee.
- Daily from November to April
- Starting time between 7.00pm and 8.00pm (depending on the season)
Nordic Unique Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.