Whiskey Trail through Ireland's ancient east
- Experience three unique Irish whiskey distilleries in one day
- Travel in luxury transport through the breathtaking Irish countryside
- Step inside an ancient monastic site and the medieval capital of Ireland
On this full day whiskey trail, you'll have the opportunity to visit three unique Irish whiskey distilleries while taking in the beauty of the Irish countryside from the comfort of luxury transport.
You'll depart from central Dublin and head to the beautiful Powerscourt House and Gardens where you'll enjoy a guided tour and whiskey tasting at the Powerscourt distillery and onsite maturation warehouse. Next, you'll learn about the origins of Irish whiskey at the ancient monastic site at Glendalough before stopping off at a traditional Irish pub.
Your next distillery is the Royal Oak in Co. Carlow where you'll get straight to the highlight of the tour- tasting three of the distilleries single malts. Moving on to the Ballykeefe artisan family farm distillery, you'll tour the grounds of a real working farm with onsite distillery and get a taste of their artisan vodka, extra dry gin and poitin.
Your day will come to a relaxing close in the fascinating medieval city of Kilkenny, where you'll be free to enjoy a stroll through the city, or grab dinner or a pint of their famous Smithwick's ale before returning by rail service to Dublin.
- Full day, fully escorted touring of Ireland’s Ancient East, counties Wicklow, Carlow, Kilkenny
- Luxury transport with experienced driver/guide
- One-way rail journey Kilkenny / Dublin
- Optional gratuities
Celtic Whiskey Shop & Wines on the Green
27-28 Dawson St, Dublin, Ireland
- You will be contacted by the operator prior to your tour- please provide contact details upon completing your booking. If preferred, you may contact the tour operator directly on +353 86 8872792
- Departing at 8:00 am Mondays and Tuesdays
Escape the city on this half day trip from Dublin. Stopping first at the grounds of Malahide Castle ...
The Blarney Castle & Cork tour features a guided coach tour of the Irish countryside, a visit to the...
This half-day tour takes you on a discovery of Dublin's northern coastline. You'll first journey to ...
Save time and money with the Airlink Express bus. Seamless transfers directly between Terminals 1 an...
Your first stop is the Harland and Wolff shipyard, where the Titanic Museum is located. The Museum i...
2020 is a very important year as it marks the 175th anniversary of the Irish Famine which was a peri...