Walking tour of Avignon and Popes' Palace
- Discover the rich history of Avignon
- Skip-the-line access to the Popes' Palace
- Enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the tour
Explore the historical center of Avignon on a 3-hour walking tour with your English-speaking guide.
Climbing up to the top of the fortified medieval city walls, discover Avignon stretching in all its beauty along the Rhône river. Discover the rich historical past of the city where the papacy established in the early 14C. Enjoy skip-the-line access and follow your guide inside the Pope's Palace, the largest Gothic-styled Palace in Europe. In this maze of galleries, chambers and chapels, imagine its luxurious furnishing and sumptuous decoration from the medieval period.
Walking on the cobbled streets to the Place de l'Horloge, find out about the secret of the painted windows. See the Town Hall topped with its clock tower, and the theatre.
Your tour will end up with a glass of Côtes du Rhône wine served in a historical place, mostly known by the locals.
- Entrance fees to Popes' Palace
- A guided walking tour
- A glass of wine
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Infant (0-3): free of charge
- Children (4-11): reduced
33 rue de la Balance, 84000 Avignon
Meet us at our agency located at 33 rue de la Balance, 84000 Avignon.
- Guests must be able to walk over paved streets, then climb a series of steps to reach the Pope's palace
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Cancellation fees: Less than 2 days before departure : 20% of tour price | Less than 1 day before departure: 40% of tour price | The same day: 100% of tour price
- From 1 April 2019 – 31 October 2019
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Departure at 9.30am | Return at 12.30pm
No tours on 1st May 2019, 25th December 2019, 1st January 2020
Enjoy Provence's countryside with this private bike tour of Saint Rémy and its beautiful surrounding...
Enjoy Provence's great landscapes with this private walking tour of Les Baux-de-Provence with pick-u...
During this half-day private tour, you will see the iconic sights of Avignon, a historic city best k...
During this full-day excursion, you will discover the best of the Luberon, a Provençal patchwork of ...
You will begin the day with a visit to the city of Avignon. Here you will have a guided tour of the ...
During this 2-hour private walking tour, you will explore the history, culture, and customs of Avign...