Newton, Harbourside and the Rocks Sydney tour
- Discover the fascinating history of Sydney and how it has changed over the decades
- Explore some of Sydney’s hottest neighbourhoods with a local by your side
- Drink locally brewed craft beer and taste an acclaimed gelato that the locals can’t get enough of
- Hop between four unique local pubs to taste local craft beer, fuelled by tantalising historical tales
- Visit the site of Sydney’s greatest unsolved mystery
- Visit the neighbourhoods in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Begin your morning in Newtown: explore this historical neighbourhood and discover its internationally acclaimed street art, shop in its creative marketplace and enjoy a selection of treats. You'll get to taste the most photographed dessert in the world, visit the gelato business that won Italy’s 'best gelato in the world' competition and sample a beer made by Sydney’s premier craft brewers. All the while, you will be learning about the colourful past and present which sets Newtown apart from every other suburb of Sydney.
Your guide will then escort you to one of their favourite lunch spots in the city before heading harbourside where the second part of your Sydney adventure begins. As Australia’s first neighbourhood, the Rocks was cut from the sandstone cliffs that rise above Sydney Harbour. Along the way, we will make pit stops at some classic local pubs in the heart of the Rocks. After a drink at another historic pub, we delve deeper into some of the unique and most off-the-beaten-track parts of the Rocks as we visit an archaeological site like no other in Australia. Then you’ll take a 90 minute break and grab some dinner before making our way to the third and final part of our tour.
In Kings Cross, spend two hours immersed in the tumultuous history of the former red light district as we guide you through tales of fame and fortune, murder and drugs and mysteries and romance. You will visit a number of different spots important to the neighbourhood. Traditionally home to Sydney’s artistic and bohemian lifestyles, The Cross began its life as the centre of sophisticated society before descending into debauched poverty but in recent years it has enjoyed a renaissance and has once again become a lively, vibrant and sometimes controversial Sydney hotspot not to be missed. You'll stop at a bar or two while we explore for a drink and maybe a chat with the locals.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- One coffee
- One slice of cake
- One gelato
- Three beers
- One glass of rum
- Additional food and drinks
- Public transport (please bring your opal card if you have one)
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Infants (0-5): free
Newtown Station, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
Newtown Railway Station ticket gates. Princes Highway (King Street) Newtown.
- Please present this voucher to your guide at the beginning of your tour. Save this email on your phone or tablet, or print a copy, as you will need to show this to join the trip.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking. Our tour runs in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
Every day at 10am.
Sydney is one of the world's great gay and lesbian cities — with plenty of stories waiting for you t...
These relaxed concerts take place on summer afternoons as the sun sets across Sydney Harbour, and la...
This food and drink tour of Sydney will give you a taste of what the city has to offer: over the cou...
See the best of Sydney during the day. You'll explore the historical and mysterious neighbourhood of...
Discover the World Heritage treasures of Blue Mountains National Park and the breathtaking natural w...
Discover Australia’s oldest wine producing region, the picturesque Hunter Valley! Travel over the Sy...