Balkan horse riding - Glozhene Monastery ride
- See the countryside and mountains from your own horse
- Take an adventurous day trip to the Bulgarian mountains
- Visit St. George Monastery over the village of Glozhene
- Get a splendid view of the terrain
Enjoy a picturesque horse riding tour which will enchant you from the very first moment. Suitable for all ages and families, this tour is the best way to see the country side and the beautiful Bulgarian mountains on a day trip from Sofia. The centuries old St. George Monastery is perched on a high rock in the midst of Teteven Balkan overhanging the village of Glozhene. The ride starts from the village of Golyam Izvor, a 1-hour drive from Sofia. The terrain is mountainous, as the trail passes through centuries old beech forests and high pastures. After your trail ride, enjoy lunch during your visit to St. George Monastery.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Rent of a saddled horse and a helmet
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
Departs from your central accomodation in Sofia or designated meeting place arranged with the tour operator.
- Horses are cross-breeds between the local East-Bulgarian and Karakachan with a mid-height of 150 cm. Tack: Western or military
- Minimum age of 11 years old to join this tour
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Daily at 9.00am
Take a Pokemon-walking tour of Sofia as your expert Pokemon guide shows you all the Pokemon Shops an...
Sofia’s nice sized city center can easily be visited on foot, but it is a lot more interesting and f...
Enjoy the newest and quickest way to see the Bulgarian capital of Sofia aboard the only double decke...
Save time and book your entrance tickets in advance to the National Museum of Military History. Upon...
Take a full-day trek to the Rila Mountains to leasurely walk among the nature of it's Seven Rila Lak...
Mousala is the highest peak (at 2925 m) not only in Rila Mountains, but on the whole Balkan Peninsul...