Cooking class and tasting at a Cesarina's home in Siena
- Immerse yourself in a private cooking class at the Cesarina's home
- Learn the secrets of the most famous dishes of Sienese cuisine
- Taste the fruit of your labour accompanied by a glass of local wine
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Sienese recipes and have fun by learning how to reproduce the Italian specialties at home. Connect with local people, meet the Cesarina at her home and learn all her secrets to prepare local specialties such as:
- Pappa al pomodoro, ribollita and acquacotta: Discover the flavors of Tuscany’s land with this fantastic soup-making course. From this stunning landscape, unearth a treasure trove of fresh produce full of secrets to unlock. This region is famous for its humble soups, so make sure to learn the most trusted family recipes.
- Crostini with chicken liver, 'Lampedotto' tripe, wild boar 'alla cacciatora': This course is for adventurous foodies who love trying out less common cuts of meat. Understanding “peasant” cuisine is fundamental if you want to understand Italian food culture, and these dishes reflect the times of hardship that Italy’s people have faced.
- 'Zuccotto' gelato cake, panforte and castagnaccio: A course especially for those who love traditional desserts. Three indulgent Tuscan dishes, prepared on Feast Days and special occasions, such as Panforte, a famous Christmas treat, and Castagnaccio, an autumn cake made with freshly harvested chestnuts.
- 'Coccoli' fritters with ham and stracchino cheese, chicken fricasée, Florentine-style peas and Chianti-soaked pears
Finally, taste the fruit of your labor and experience the authentic flavors of Siena cuisine paired with a selection of local red and white wines as the Cesarine offer only wines of the territory.
- Private cooking class
- 3 recipes tasting
- Beverages (water, wines and coffee)
- Shopping bag
- Infant (0-3 years old): free
- Children (4-8 years old): reduced
- Contact your local tour operator directly for the precise address of your experience. You will find the contact details in the voucher, after booking
- Every day
- At 10:00 am or at 5:00 pm
The beautiful city of Siena in Tuscany is home to the great Cathedral of Siena, an impressive Roman-...
Brunello, presently considered the best wine in the world, has its ancestral roots in the passion of...
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Tuscan countryside by vintage Fiat 500 on an 8-hour scenic...
Discover a resort and spa in Tuscany, where Italian hospitality is combined with an unforgettable we...
Taste and enjoy a typical meal, in an authentic Tuscan style. It will be guided by one of the family...
Chianti is a vast territory between Florence and Siena in the heart of Tuscany. It’s a region known ...