Your guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to the reindeer farm, 30 minutes away. You will receive instructions on how to properly ride the reindeer sleigh and you can ride for 2 kilometers through the snowy Lappish forests. Upon your return, a reindeer herder will teach you the ways of reindeer herding over a warm cup of juice and speciality cookies! After the trip has ended, you will be taken back to your hotel.
Forest trail reindeer safari
Duration: 4 hours
Language: English , Italian , French , Spanish , German , Dutch , Finnish , Chinese
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Meet face-to-face with friendly and gentle reindeer
- Ride on the most traditional form of transportation in Lapland: the reindeer sleigh
- Learn about the ways of reindeer herding
What to expect
- Pick-up from and drop-off to your hotel/accommodation
- Guide in English (other languages available on request: Dutch, Finnish, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese)
- Winter clothes (overalls, boots, gloves and beanie)
- Snack and hot juice
- Finnish ginger cookies
- 1-hour reindeer-pulled sleigh through the forest
- Visit to Reindeer Farm
- Reindeer sleigh driving license
- Pick-up from Rovaniemi hotels only
Check HERE the full list of pick-up locations in Rovaniemi. Please keep in mind that If your hotel is not mentioned on the list and you still wish to arrange the pick-up you will have to pay an extra fee on site.
What to remember
- Minimum people per booking is 2 adults
- One sleigh fits maximum 2 adults and one small child
- Pick-up is available for free within a 16km radius of Rovaniemi, outside the radius pick-up is available for an extra fee.
- Tour operates from November to April
- Starting time is between 9.00am and 4.00pm
- Departure may adjust according to different seasons
Nordic Unique Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.