Day tour of Orvieto from Rome with wine tasting and lunch
- Discover Orvieto, a charming Medival town, on a full-day tour that departs directly from your hotel in Rome
- Stroll around the town and admire the many Renaissance and Gothic Palaces, among which the city's masterpiece: the Cathedral
- Visit and Umbrian winery to taste four amazing local wines along with a delicious regional meal
Join a full-day tour from Rome and discover Orvieto, a charming Medieval town dominated by a gothic masterpiece, the Cathedral. Its façade is covered with multicolored mosaics and bas-reliefs and the interior contains all the relics of the Miracle of Bolsena. You'll also have the opportunity to see the frescoes of the “Apocalypse” by Fra Angelico and Luca Signorelli ‘s “Day of Judgment” and ”Life after Death”. Across the square, you'll see the Papal Palace, a monumental Gothic structure that was once a residence for the Popes. In the course of the visit, you'll get to stroll around the town and admire the many Renaissance and Gothic Palaces that make this small city unique.
Included in the price, and really worth a visit, is St Patrick’s Well, carved in tuff walls, deep down in the Umbrian soil: you'll be impressed by its depth and the remarkably intertwined staircases that never meet.
At lunchtime, you'll be taken to a local winery to taste four Umbrian wines along with a delicious regional meal. You will also visit the vineyard, the winery, and the Etruscan Caves before heading back to Rome.
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Admission ticket to the Orvieto Cathedral and to the San Patrick’s well
- Lunch and wine tasting of four wines
- Professional guide in Orvieto
You can confirm the pick-up location directly with the local operator. You'll find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking. There might be other information the tour operator might need to communicate, such as slight variations in pick up time (e.g.: 8.15am instead of 8.30am). We ask you, therefore to include in the email you'll send a mobile phone number, preferably with WhatsApp system, to be sure they can contact you at any time
- Kindly, wait in the lobby of your hotel (and inform the concierge you are waiting for the driver) or in the street in front of the civic number of your apartment
- Cars and drivers might change at every transfer: remember to bring all your belongings with you
Every day at 8:30am.
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Watch the sunset across the romantic squares of Rome on a 3-hour guided tour of the city’s historic ...
Take part in an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
You'll begin your day by being picked up at your accommodation and enjoying a panoramic 2-hour drive...
Take a walk on the creepy side thanks to this fascinating tour of Rome’s spookiest locations. Togeth...
Friday 24 January 2020 - Illuminati Circle Special Guest AVA [Capoplaza official dj] TICKET 10 € In ...