24 or 48-hour hop-on hop-off bus + Domitilla catacombs
- Visit the largest catacombs in Rome
- See Rome on board of a hop-on hop-off open bus
- See how Early Christians lived
- Explore Rome helped by an on board commentary
The purpose of this City Sightseeing Rome tour is to connect the most important sites of the city center to the Domitilla Catacombs with a green bus (natural gas), with an audio guide service available on board. This new service aims to respect the environment while offering a sustainable and ecological kind of tourism.
Our package offers you the easiest way to reach the Domitilla Catacombs, the largest ones in Rome with about 17 km (10.5 miles) of tunnels, more than 150,000 burials and the underground 4th-century church.
Visiting this archeological site will make you find out more and more about the early Christians’ life, their belief in the resurrection and eternal life and their strong relationship with God, as you will see from the numerous wall paintings and inscriptions.
The guided tour is available in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish and German) and all our guides are professional and qualified tourist guides.
- Open bus ticket City Sightseeing Roma hop on hop off valid 24 or 48 hours (depending on the selected option)
- Return shuttle bus ticket and audio guide service available on board
- Catacombs entrance ticket and guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Child (6-17): reduced
- Child (0-5): free of charge
Largo di Villa Peretti, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
City Sightseeing Terminal B (shuttle bus to Domitilia Catacombs). You can redeem your voucher on board of a City Sightseeing bus or at any Visitor Center.
- The guided tour is available in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish and German) and all our guides are professional and qualified tourist guides
- Please be at the Shuttle Bus stop at least 10 minutes before departure time
- The tour is not available for visitors with wheelchairs or with walking disabilities. Visitors with other kinds of 100% disabilities are entitled to get a free ticket; please refer to the Domitilla Catacombs ticket office for further information
The Open Bus service is available every day according to the seasons’ timetable:
- High Season (April - October): bus service available from 9.00am to 5.00pm with a frequency of one bus every 10 minutes
- Low season (November – March): bus service available from 9.00am to 5.00pm with a frequency of one bus every 20 minutes
CATACOMBS & SHUTTLE BUS INFO:
- Opening times Catacombs: 9.00am – 12.00pm, 2.00pm - 5.00pm
- Closing time: Tuesdays
Starting point shuttle bus - 2 daily departures from the city center of Rome:
- Departure time from Largo di Villa Peretti: 11.00am or 2.45pm (please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before departure)
- Departure time from Catacombe: 12.20pm or 4.10pm
Discover the underground buildings and crypts of ancient Rome. You'll embark on a fascinating tour o...
Experience a different point of view over a city suspended between history and legend. Hop on your r...
Get on the City Sightseeing Open Bus at one of the many stops and explore the city at your own pace....
Discover a secret world beneath the streets of Rome on this 3-hour coach tour of the Catacombs of St...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts and Catacombs tour that will take you to expl...
Explore Rome at your own pace with this 24 or 48-hour hop-on hop-off City Sightseeing bus! Jump on a...
Rome is famous also for its beautiful squares, portrayed in many movies. Visit them in this guided t...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
Visit the historic center of Assisi, in a full-day tour from Rome, and learn the story of its Patron...
Are you interested in photography and you want to improve your photography skills (color and b/w, co...