Small group excursion to the D-Day sites with lunch and minibus from Paris
- Full day excursion to Normandy from Paris by minibus
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Allied landings
- See the Pointe du Hoc, American Rangers' landing site
- Lunch at the Ferme de la Rançonnière
- Visit the American Cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer
- Stops at Arromanches and the Canadian Memorial
Set off on a small group tour (maximum 8 participants) from Paris, visiting the iconic sites of the Normandy D-Day Landings in the company of a driver-guide.
On 6 June 1944, also known as D-Day, the Allies opened up a new front against the troops of Germany's Third Reich. It was the largest military operation in history, which marked the start of the Battle of Normandy and would eventually lead to the end of the Second World War. More than 150,000 soldiers from America, Britain, Canada, and many other different nations landed by air and sea on a number of beaches along the Normandy coastline (Utah, Omaha, Juno, etc.) as well as at the Pointe du Hoc.
Pick up at your Paris accommodation at 6:30 a.m. for a minibus journey of around three hours to the Normandy Beaches.
Your first stop will be at the Pointe du Hoc, between Omaha and Utah beaches, overlooking the hundred-foot-high cliffs. Stormed by the American Rangers on D-Day, it was one of the most important German fortified sites along the Normandy coastline and was equipped, at that time, with several heavy artillery posts. A 45-minute guided tour is scheduled.
Your next stop will be Omaha Beach (nicknamed "The Beach of Blood"). Of all the Allied beaches, it saw the greatest number of casualties. It is located beneath the 170-acre Colleville cemetery, the next destination on your tour. The famous American military cemetery at Saint Laurent is home to 9,387 white marble headstones, a memorial, chapel, and the Garden of the Missing. It pays tribute to the American soldiers that died during the Battle of Normandy and is one of 25 permanent United States burial sites overseas.
You will then stop for an included lunch at the Ferme de la Rançonnière, a picturesque manor house fortified during the 13th Century.
Kir et petits-fours
Terrine tiède de pavé d'Isigny
Suprême de volaille
¼ botte of wine or mineral water
After lunch, you will continue on to Arromanches, a historic town known for its artificial port, which was built as part of the Normandy landings. On D-Day, the harbour saw the unloading of almost 10,000 tons of equipment. You can still see the floating reinforced concrete "Phoenix" constructions in the water.
After travelling past Gold Beach, your final stop will be the sandy Juno Beach and its cemetery, one of the key D-Day landing beaches for Canadian troops on June 6, 1944.
Return to your Paris accommodation is scheduled for approximately 6:30 pm.
* Example of menu, subjet to modification
* The menu is not available in english
- Minibus transfers to and from your Paris accommodation
- Services of our driver-guide
- Self-guided visit at the Pointe du Hoc and the American cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer
- Free time to visit the Visitor centre at Omaha Beach
- Lunch (with drinks included) at the Ferme de la Rançonnière restaurant
- Stops at Arromanches and Juno Beach
- Personal expenses
- Child (3-11 years old): reduced
Pick-up from your hotel or apartment in Paris (zip code must start with 75)
- The itinerary and schedule shown are subject to change depending on traffic or variations in opening hours at the sights
- Thursday and Saturday except special events
Departure: 06.30 AM from your hotel or apartment in Paris
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Spend your day enjoying two of the most important Parisian sights, Sainte Chapelle and the Louvre Mu...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Take a trip back in time and immerse yourself in the adrenaline-filled adventure of the classic West...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...