If you want to understand Moscow's local culture then you should experience it yourself, and discovering off-the-beaten-path Moscow during the Alternative Moscow walking tour is one of the best ways to do so.
A short walk from Red Square and St. Basil's cathedral leads you to a neighborhood full of mystery, urban legends and myths. You will get an overview of 19th-century Moscow, take a historic tram ride and hear spine-tingling stories about ghosts, famous criminals and eccentric merchants.
- St. John's Hill, an urban sanctuary with a pre-revolutionary spirit
- Khokhlovka, home to Russian hipsters and street art
- Khitrovka, the unsavory 19th-century neighborhood crawling with criminals, brothels and alcohol in the 19th century
- Zamoskvorechie, characterized by beautiful streets and lanes replete with legends and love stories
- A ride on the Annushka tram