Anna's Afternoon Tea at Grosvenor House
- Enjoy an afternoon tea in stately surroundings
- Experience a quintessentially British tradition
Set in a quintessentially stately home environment with views overlooking Hyde Park, The Park Room and Library offer guests a varied menu for all tastes. Whether you want a place to relax, unwind and enjoy a cocktail or you are looking for somewhere to experience the traditional British institution that is afternoon tea. The Park Room and Library at Grosvenor House is the perfect setting.
Anna’s Afternoon Tea is the true hero, fusing in perfect harmony the history and heritage of Grosvenor House with this much-loved British tradition. ‘Anna’, is understood to be responsible for the custom of Afternoon Tea, as dining late in the evening would leave Anna hungry and needing sustenance in the afternoon.
Complaining of ‘having that sinking feeling’ Anna would succumb to hunger and order tea, bread and cakes to her room. Hereafter, Anna’s tea became somewhat of a ritual and the afternoon tea was born.
Anna’s Afternoon Tea Menu:
- Selection of delicate finger sandwiches
- North Atlantic cold water prawn, classic Marie Rose sauce cucumber, garden mint butter smoked Oakham chicken, tarragon, crème fraiche, roast Aberdeen Angus beef, creamed horseradish, honey roast Yorkshire ham, Coleman’s mustard
- Open Sandwiches
- Foremans’s smoked Scottish salmon, cream cheese, prawn Burford brown Clarence Court egg, mayonnaise, mustard cress
- Plain and Raisin Buttermilk Scones
- Devonshire clotted cream
- Choice of British Jams: Rose petal, rhubarb and ginger, strawberry, gooseberry, raspberry, blackcurrant
- An assortment of Tantalising Afternoon Tea Pastries
- Strawberry and Yorkshire forced rhubarb tart, Wigmore cheesecake mousse, Sussex blackberries, chocolate cream, coco crumbles, droplets of meringue and marshmallow ginger, violet and blueberry pavlova, Maddock’s Farm floral Shipton’s Mill’s biscuit, soft nougat, milk chocolate, citrus speculoos tart, honey spiced pale ale.
- Fresh Home Baked Cakes
- Speciality Teas from Newby
- Afternoon tea
- The last admission will be at 16.30pm
14.30pm - 17.30pm
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Join King Henry VIII at his royal banquet and be part of 1,000 years’ history at London’s extraordin...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...