Fado walking tour with live music show
- Listen to the real Fado from Lisbon
- Discover the Lisbon by night
- Visit the historic neighborhoods where in the old days this genre was first sung while you have dinner.
Fado is more than just a musical style, it is a particular way of feeling and the sung expression of the Portuguese soul. The origin is still somewhat uncertain, along with the traditional music numerous influences from Brazil, Africa and even the Middle East have joined it. But it was in Lisbon in the eighteenth century that this mixture of sounds and melancholic mourning came together and created what is now recognized as Fado. Fado is in essence a genre that has a nostalgic register, tending to talk about issues such as Love (often lost or unrequited), the bohemian life, moments linked to daily life and to the most disadvantaged classes.
During this tour you will pass by historical neighborhoods such as Bairro Alto, Alfama and Mouraria, learning more about the traditional aspects of life, so you can get a feel of the city like a true local, a ‘Lisboeta’!
Along the 3.5 hours you'll have the opportunity to taste a variety of food samples and wines and get to see real live performances from ‘fadistas’ alongside the traditional sound of the Portuguese guitar.
- Local delicacies (More than 15 samples of traditional food like Pataniscas, cheese and chouriço)
- Fado concert
- Hotel pick up
- Child (4-12): reduced
- Infant (0-3): free
Praça Luís de Camões, 1200-243 Lisboa, Portugal
- This tour involves a considerable amount of walking, please be advised. Not recommended for people with back problems or some sort of physical limitation.
- Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 7.30pm
Meet your group and expert local guide at Martim Moniz Square for Lisbon Jewish History guided walki...
Start in the Principe Real area, a purpose-built neighborhood to host the wealthy bourgeoisie of the...
Lisbon is known as the city of seven hills, and that´s because is full of viewpoints with fantastic ...
☀️ Winter time is running out, and spring is showing its first signs. On March 27, we joined two mal...
More info soon. Genres: House,Tech house,Techno Lines Up: Archie Hamilton,Analodjica,Vanhell,DJ Jigg...
Março️ In March, we give a new focus to our typical matinee. Once a thriving port and central Europe...