Wieliczka Salt Mine 4-hour guided Tour from Krakow
- Visit one of the most important monuments to mineral and religious culture in Poland
- Follow the tourist route which lies 135 meters below ground
- Marvel at the 20 chambers in this historic underground city
- Tours are available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian and Polish
Book this half-day Wieliczka Salt Mine excursion. A professional, english-speaking driver will pick you up at at the meeting point in Krakow and drive you straight to the site, where a local guide will take you through the historic underground city.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine dates back to medieval times and has a history of around 9 centuries of salt exploitation.
The tourist route through the mine is located 135 meters below ground, and is accessible by stairs, or by elevator on special demand. It is an absolutely unique place to visit and is a must-see during your stay in Krakow.
One of the major benefits of visiting the Salt Mine is the health benefit of its special climate and its micro-element filled air.
- Pick-up from meeting point
- Licensed guide in mine
- Entrance ticket
- Tour leader
- Modern and air-conditioned minibus/van
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Child (5-15) and student (16-25)
- Infant (0-4)
64 Grodzka Street, 31-006 Kraków, Poland
Please note that from 1st January 2020 pickup point will be at 14 Straszewskiego Street, Kraków
Please arrive at the meeting point 5 minutes prior to the tour departure time
- Bring warm clothing, as the temperature underground ranges between 14 and 16C
- There are 800 steps to climb, and 350 of these are at the beginning, taking you down into the mine. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes
- Smoking and the use of open fire in the mine is strictly forbidden
- No animals are allowed in the mine. The mine does not offer any animal shelters of its own for your pets
- Baby carriages and luggage larger than 30 x 20 x 10 cm are not permitted inside the museum - please leave them at your hotel
- A wide range of comfortable vehicles are at your disposal, depending on the size of your group
- Student ID which shows age and university is required for student tickets (if not, a fee of 10 EUR or 50 zl will be charged)
- Every day
- 8:30am - English
- 10.50am - Spanish
- 11.20am - French and Polish
- 12.50am - Italian
- 1.15pm - German and Russian
Visit one of the most precious and most fascinating monuments of culture in Poland. The first touris...
Visit one of the historically most significant places in Europe – the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum near...
Every year, millions of visitors from around the world walk through the gate bearing a fallacious in...
Discover the city of Krakow in a day. The professional, english-speaking driver-guides will take you...
Forget for a time about your life here and now – enter Krakow as it was more than 70 years ago! Lear...
Birkenau Camp tour is a chance to visit the biggest (140 ha) former Nazi concentration camp in Ausch...
Depart Krakow for a poignant day of reflection with a visit to the former Auschwitz-Birkenau concent...
This tour is an opportunity to visit places connected with Jewish heritage. It makes you explore the...
The Royal Chamber Orchestra is an ensemble consisting of outstanding musicians from Krakow, graduate...
Ready to see some of Krakow’s most iconic sights well before the crowds arrive? This is the tour for...