Enjoy a walking tour of the Cathedral and former great Mosque of Córdoba, a declared World Heritage Site. Its construction started in 786 and had several extensions during the Emirate and the Caliphate of Córdoba. After the Reconquest, in 1238, it became a Catholic cathedral and today is one of the most important monuments in Spanish and particularly Andalusian architecture.
History & heritage tours
History of the Cathedral-Mosque of Córdoba: guided tour
based on 4 reviews
Language: English , French , Spanish
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour
SKIP THE LINE
Do this because
- Explore one of the best examples of Islamic art in Spain
- Learn how the cathedral was built inside the mosque after the Christian conquest
- Admire the Baroque altarpiece and the mahogany stalls
- Discover one of the most important Spanish monuments
What to expect
- Local guide in Spanish, English and French, one guide for each language
- Cathedral-Mosque entrance fee
- Audio receivers to listen to the guide once inside the Cathedral-Mosque
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Other personal expenses
- For children (0-9 years) this tour is free
Mezquita-catedral de Córdoba, 14003 Córdoba, Spain
Please meet at the Córdoba Cathedral (olive tree next to the central fountain in Patio de los Naranjos) and please arrive 5 minutes before the departure time.
What to remember
- This is a walking tour conducted by a local qualified guide of the Cathedral-Mosque of Córdoba. The meeting point is in Patio de los Naranjos but you will visit all the monument inside
- Visitors are required to wear face masks and to keep the distance between each other.
- From Monday to Saturday at 12.45pm
- Sunday at 4pm
- Not available on Sundays and Religious festivities as 1 January, 6 January, 27 March, 25 July, 15 August, 12 October, 1 November, 8 December and 25 December
- Also available on Holy Thursday and Good Friday (even though they are religious festivities)
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
What people say about this experience
based on 4 reviews