Entrance ticket to Mémorial de Caen Museum
- Learn WW2 in every detail
- D-Day through a new angle
- A different approach to History
- Visit the D-DAY beaches nearby
As they discover the numerous exhibition spaces at the Mémorial de Caen Museum, visitors take a journey through 20th century world - and especially European - history. The museum recounts major historical events from the end of the First World War to the fall of the Berlin Wall, focusing more particularly on the European perspective of these historical episodes. This visit is therefore an opportunity to delve into our shared past, with the help of diverse historical documents and objects.
The Mémorial de Caen Museum encourages people to think actively about history, memory and peace, and is therefore an essential tool for understanding the world and its transformations. It is also the best way of introducing and explaining D-Day and of understanding in what way the one hundred days of the Invasion of Normandy were a major turning point in history.
- Entrance ticket to the museum
- Audioguide in option
- children aged 10 to 18 year olds (under 10s are free)
- over 60s
- carers accompanying disabled visitors (free of charge for disabled visitors themselves)
- all upon presentation of proof.
- Family (2 adults + at least 1 child aged between 10 and 25 years | No limit on the number of children)
Mémorial de Caen, Esplanade Général Eisenhower, 14050 Caen
Please present your barcode ticket at the entrance of the museum.
- You could present your barcode ticket (except the family pass and the entrance with audioguide) directly at the entrance of the museum.
- Important information: the family pass and the entrance with audioguide must be exchanged for admission tickets to the ticket office
- Please check the opening hours of the museum before your visit
- Your ticket will be valid for 24 hours from the time of issue by the cashier's desk at the museum
The museum is open every day
1st February to 31st March 2019
From 9.00am to 6.00pm
1st April to 30th September 2019
From 9.00 to 7.00pm
1st October to 31st December 2019
From 9.30am to 6.00pm
Closed on Mondays of November and December except November 11th, December 23rd and 30th.
Closed on 1st January, 6-28 January and 25 December
This half-day tour is the best opportunity to taste the best of Normandy food: cheese and hard cider...
Have you ever tried real Camembert made with raw milk? You will visit the last standing farm in the ...
Discover “Normandy’s 100 Days”, a visually stunning and moving film shown on the 9 screens of the Ar...
The Day Pass includes a self-guided visit of the Mémorial de Caen and a guided tour of the D-Day Lan...
Enjoy a full day dedicated to the memory of the heroes of the last world war but also a charming vis...
Live a full day dedicated to the memory of the heroes of the last word war. You will cross the Norma...