Montserrat half-day guided tour from Barcelona
- Discover the hilltop religious retreat of Montserrat
- Visit the 12th-century carving of Our Lady of Montserrat, also known as La Moreneta
- Explore the Holy Cave where the Madonna is said to have once appeared
- Listen to La Escolania, one of the oldest children’s choirs in all of Europe
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
- Bring the whole family - everyone will love it
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
- Explore the countryside and become part of the beautiful landscape
Take a break from sightseeing in the city and enjoy this exciting adventure to one of the most mysterious and magical places in Catalonia. You will travel in small groups, allowing you to enjoy a more personalized experience with a bilingual guide, who will give you expert local insight into our most deeply rooted cultural traditions.
The tour operator will pick you up at your accommodation and take comfortable private transportation to the mountain of Montserrat. This magnificent 4,000 ft wonder is easily recognizable from afar by its serrated roof, from which its name comes from.
And 2,380 feet above sea level, the Benedictine monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat is situated in a stunning location, surrounded by an unforgettable natural landscape. The monastery has served as a center for spiritual retreat for almost one thousand years. We will first visit the basilica, where the Virgin Santa Maria of Montserrat, patron saint of Catalonia, is located. The Romanesque statue of the Black Madonna originates from the XII century and is today surrounded by a golden altar. According to legend, the Virgin personally appeared in the IX century, giving rise to the hermitage of Santa Maria.
Next, you will take a walking tour of the monastery surroundings. Enjoy the unparalleled views offered by this region, which was declared as a Natural Park in 1987. You will also discover the Holy Cave where the virgin is said to have appeared. The site has, since then, become an authentic center for pilgrimage and prayer.
A musical treat will conclude the mystical Montserrat visit as you will listen to the angelic voices of La Escolania de Montserrat; one of the oldest boys’ choirs in Europe.
- Tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
- Private transport
- Walking tour of Montserrat
- Guided tour
- Private transportation
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Any private expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Pick-up from your hotel.
- Group size: min 2, max 8 people
- Daily at 9.00am
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays also at 2.30pm
- Blackout dates: 24, 25 and 26 December; 1 January
Big Opening Circus Fridays The best session to not stop dancing! MAINROOM: URBAN MUSIC: DJ OUMAR SKY...
LOCKED pres. Agents of Time - EXTENDED SET It all started in a store room, a drink and a bit of time...
█ Voltage x HEX █ The Belgian festival lands in Barcelona for the first time with this brand new col...
Of the Belleville Three, the cadre of early Detroit producers who tested the limits of spirit within...
SATURDAY | JANUARY 2020 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00 am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, T...
Since its record debut more than twelve years ago, CORE, formerly known as Daniel Kyo, has been leav...