Ready to descent 140 meters underground and explore breathtaking chambers with statues made of salt? Start your half-day tour at your hotel in Krakow, where your friendly English-speaking driver will meet you. You will drive to Wieliczka Salt Mine in a comfortable vehicle. At the beginning of your tour, you will get familiar with safety regulations in the mine and then you will begin your journey through salt corridors more than 140 meters underground. Explore remarkable chambers and beautifully decorated chapels hand-carved by local miners. At the end of the route, you can also visit the souvenir shop and snack bar. From here, return to the surface by the high-speed lift.
Wieliczka Salt Mine tour with hotel pickup from Krakow
- Visit Wieliczka Salt Mine, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Poland
- Admire the underground city made of salt
- Explore the Chapel of the Blessed Kings
- Take a close look at the chambers with magnificent salt statues
- Pick up and drop-off at your accommodation in central Krakow
- Entrance fee to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- English-speaking guide
- Food or drink
- Permission to take photos (permit required: PLN 10/ EUR 2.5)
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- If the customer does not contact the supplier in connection with the pickup point, the fixed meeting point is Garbarska 2
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- This tour is not recommended if you struggle with claustrophobia or walking disabilities; there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start
- Valid student ID allows you to get a youth discount
- Flash photography is not allowed
- Taking photographs requires a special permit which can be purchased in the ticket office or during the visit itself and the cost is PLN 10 (2.5 EUR)
- The maximum size of hand luggage is 35 x 20 x 20 cm; if your luggage is bigger, you can leave it in the locked bus parked next to the museum
- Please wear warm clothing and comfortable shoes
- If your hotel is in a limited traffic area, then pick up will be arranged from the closest meeting point
What people say about this experience
You might also like
Auschwitz and Birkenau self-guided tour with transfer from Krakow
Self-guided tour to UNESCO museums Auschwitz and Birkenau including guidebook in 19 languages and transport to the museums from Krakow city center.
en, it, fr, es, de, +11 pt, ru, nl, ja, no, pl, sv, fi, da, zh, ko
Use a convenient shuttle bus and visit Auschwitz - Birkenau Concentration Camp by yourself. It is the fastest and the most comfortable way to get there from Krakow,
Auschwitz-Birkenau skip-the-line entrance ticket and official guided tour
See the horrors of Auschwitz-Birkenau and attend the fully guided tour at Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II Birkenau.
Skip-the-line ticket to Schindler's Factory in Krakow
Learn about the horrors suffered under Nazi occupation at the original site of Oskar Schindler's Enamel Factory and understand Krakow's history.
Schindler's Factory Museum skip-the-line ticket
Skip the line and visit the former Schindler Factory, made famous by the movie Schindler's List, now home to an exhibition about Krakow during WWII.
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum tour from Krakow with pickup and transport
See the Auschwitz Museum with a comfortable tour and shared transport from Krakow. Learn more about the harrowing history of the Holocaust.
en, it, fr, es, de, +1 pl
Wawel Castle and Wawel Hill audioguided tour
Explore Wawel Hill in Krakow which is one of the most significant places in Poland. Visit Wawel Castle during your audio guided tour.
en, it, fr, es, de, +3 ru, pl, sv
Auschwitz-Birkenau fast-track entry pass and guided tour
Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial. Save time at the entrance thanks to the fast-track entry and visit the venue with a professional guide.
en, it, fr, es, de, +2 ru, pl
Auschwitz-Birkenau tour from Krakow with hotel pickup
Learn about the enormity of the human tragedy and the lives of prisoners in the Auschwitz Birkenau concentration camp. Take part in a guided tour and organized transport from Krakow.
Krakow city tour by electric car and optional Schindler's Factory
See all the famous parts and discover the city and history with a professional English-speaking guide.
en, it, fr, es, de, +3 ru, pl, sv