Private and Semi-Private DC National Gallery of Art Museum tour
- See an extensive collection of art ranging from Renaissance artists, the French Impressionists, and great American painters
- Learn the tales and scandals behind these famous paintings
An extensive collection of art ranging from Renaissance artists, the French Impressionists, and great American painters all housed under one roof at the DC National Gallery of Art. This guided museum tour will give you the chance to discuss pieces by famous artists like Da Vinci and Degas. Monet’s “Woman with a Parasol,” Stuart’s portrait of George Washington, and Titan’s “Venus with a Mirror” are just some of the masterpieces you will be able to see in this collection. Your guide will tell the tales and scandals behind these famous paintings. You’ll also learn the techniques the masters used to create these prolific works of art. The museum itself, is a great discussion topic since it was quickly transformed from an empty building to a revered museum in less than a century.
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20565
By the Constitution Ave entrance to the museum (outside).
- Semi-private tours have 8 guests per guide for a more intimate and personalized experience
- Semi-private tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run (an alternative date or full refund will be oﬀered if the minimum is not met)
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed
- Moderate amount of walking is involved. A semi-private tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures occur without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, there will be no refunds or discounts
- At checkout, please provide full names, mobile phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip
- Cancellation policy: Guests can cancel up to 72 hours before the tour’s start time for a full refund. Otherwise, guests can reschedule for a fee, depending on the tour and the availability
- Daily at 10.00am and 1.30pm
Your VIP Tour begins at the Capitol Visitors Center. Beat the long entrance lines and experience Was...
On this guided walking tour, you’ll be seeing a collection of iconic outdoor monuments. Explore the ...
This tour will lead you through the museum’s focal points as you stroll through exhibits about land ...
The National Archives holds one of the most famous documents in the foundation of the United States ...
On this small, two-hour Journey from the Renaissance to Impressionism walking tour, you'll explore t...
This foodie tour of Washington DC will reveal everything about the people who brought this great cit...