The National Archives holds one of the most famous documents in the foundation of the United States of America. This guided tour will let you be face to face with the unassuming documentation that gave way to the most influential and powerful nation in the world. The dignified neoclassical building is widely considered a shrine to American history. Starting at the National Archives Rotunda learning about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution while facing the immaculately preserved documents from the 17th and 18th centuries. The Bill of Rights and the Federalist Papers both include the signatures of famous statesmen like Alexander Hamilton. Onto the Public Vaults Exhibits, where letters written by presidents like George Washington and John F. Kennedy are showcased. The United States’ rocky racial past comes to light while you see the Emancipation Proclamation. This pivotal document aided in ending slavery in the 19th century. More recent historical documents, such as the citation given to civil rights activist Rosa Parks, serve as a time stamp in documenting racial issues. Lastly, in the Rubenstein Gallery, you’ll see older documents like the Magna Carta of 1297 that influenced many of the other artifacts that are in the National Archives.
Private and Semi-Private DC National Archives skip-the-line tour
Availability: Monday through Friday: 10.00am
Duration: 2 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
SKIP THE LINE
Do this because
- See famous documents that started the foundation of the United States of America
- Look at the pivotal Emancipation Proclamation that ended slavery
- Don't miss out on seeing this neoclassical building that is widely considered a shrine to American history
What to expect
700 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20408, USA
Corner of 9th St NW and Constitution Ave NW
What to remember
- Semi-private tours have 8 guests per guide for a more intimate and personalized experience
- Semi-private tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run (an alternative date or full refund will be oﬀered if the minimum is not met)
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed
- Moderate amount of walking is involved. A semi-private tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures occur without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, there will be no refunds or discounts
- At checkout, please provide full names, mobile phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip
- Cancellation policy: Guests can cancel up to 72 hours before the tour’s start time for a full refund. Otherwise, guests can reschedule for a fee, depending on the tour and the availability
- Monday - Friday: 10.00am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the activity begins.