An Evening in Schoenbrunn: palace visit and concert
- Listen to a classical concert of the famous music by Mozart and Strauss
- Take a self-guided tour of the impressive Schoenbrunn Palace with an audioguide
Have an evening of royal pleasures: start by exploring the wonderful palace at your own pace with an audio guide and enjoy a grand finale listening of the classical concert at the Schoenbrunn Palace Orangery. Following your audio-guided tour of the palace's ceremonial rooms, the Schoenbrunn Palace Orchestra will take you on a journey to the world of Mozart and Strauss, accompanied by brilliant vocalists and ballet dancers!
In walking distance from the main entrance to Schloss Schoenbrunn lies the restored Orangery Schoenbrunn, a location for sumptuous festivities during the reign of the Habsburgs and the place where the genius of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart flourished. In this historic ambiance, the Schoenbrunn Palace Orchestra performs the most beautiful works of Mozart and Strauss, accompanied by vocalists and ballet dancers.
Self-guided visit of the palace with audio guide
Empress Maria Theresa appreciated the unique atmosphere of Schoenbrunn Palace and made it her summer residence. Take a self-guided tour of the glamorous and private rooms of the emperors accompanied by an audio guide! You are free to choose the time of the visit as long as you take it within the palace's official opening hours.
- Concert ticket
- 1-hour self-guided tour of the Schoenbrunn Palace with audio guide
- Cloakroom fee
ATTENTION: Because of renovation works inside the Orangery, the concerts will take place from January 8th to March 31st in the White-and-Gold hall of the Schönbrunn Palace. On all other days at the Orangery Schönbrunn
The nearest subway station is "Schoenbrunn". The entrance to the Orangery is right across the street. You can see the map of the Orangery and Schönbrunn Palace in this PDF file
- The audio guide for the tour of Schönbrunn Palace is available in Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Russian languages
- The categories A, B, C and VIP of the concert tickets refer to the concert seat. You can look at the seating plan here
- Category A and VIP ticket holders will receive a glass of sparkling wine or orange juice at the bar during the intermission. VIP ticket holders also get a CD from the orchestra as a present, 1 program per person and access to the exclusive VIP Lounge in the entrance area of the Orangery Schönbrunn
- The audio guide tour is available within the following opening hours of Schoenbrunn Palace:
- April – June: 8.30 AM - 4.00 PM
- July – August: 8.30 AM - 5.00 PM
- September – October: 8.30 AM - 4.00 PM
- November – March: 8.30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Admission into Schoenbrunn Palace Orangery starts at 8:00 PM
- The concert starts at 8:30 PM and ends around 10:15 PM
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away ...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Explore locations associated with the great composer, get insight into Beethovens real life and gain...
The Belvedere has the most expansive collection of works by Gustav Klimt. Whichever aspect of this a...
Take a drive along the most famous sights in Vienna, in an environment-friendly electric vintage car...