Walking tour of the Byzantine Venice with Golden Basilica skip-the-line tickets
- Discover the Byzantine Venice on this walking tour
- Listen to the history and wonders surrounding main monuments
- Visit one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world!
Enjoy with a qualified and experienced guide a full visit of the Golden Basilica, a masterpiece of the Byzantine art, unique of its kind in Italy.
Your tour will start from Piazza San Marco with the history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
Continue your tour with Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - the 'Pantheon' of Venice - the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune. Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre. Anecdotes of both past and recent history overlap in this beautiful corner of Venice. You will return to San Marco through the Mercerie, the vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
After that, you'll visit one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world! Inside the Golden Basilica, you'll have the pleasure of savoring the beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays of the floors, sitting comfortably while our guide shows you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the wonders of this ancient basilica.
At the end of your Venetian adventure, you will have the opportunity to take part in the free optional tour of a Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instructions that our staff will give you.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- Skip-the-line of The Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Child (0-5): free of charge
Piazza San Marco, 30100 Venezia VE
St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near the exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- The visit is monolingual
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of special religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops)
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica: Prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark's Balisica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
- Comfortable shoes are suggested
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- From Monday to Saturday at 9.00am
- The tour does not operate on 18 April; 25 April; 15 August; 1 November; 8 and 25 December; 1 and 6 January; 16 and 23 February and during unplanned religious celebrations
- From April to October: English, French, Spanish and German every day - Italian only on Saturday
- From November to March: English from Monday to Saturday - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday
- Duration: 2 hours and 30 (20 minutes more for the Glass craftsman at work in St. Mark's Square)
For you a guided tour in one of the most incredible cathedrals of the world. On this tour, escorted ...
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
Built in 1792 in Neoclassical style following a competitive public exam won by one of Canova’s frien...
This private tour is perfect for visitors with limited time in Venice.In 3 hours we will show you th...
Walking Tour of VeniceHave a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important place...
A full 2-hour Venice walking tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice should be an absolute must for anyo...
Visit Venice with this unusual tour with an expert local guide!You will enjoy the most suggestive an...
Experience an exclusive and romantic 30-minute private gondola ride on the canals of Venice. Discove...
Experience a new way of discovering the Venice Lagoon with a suggestive cruise to three picturesque ...
Visit the fascinating Leonardo da Vinci Museum combined with your 48-hour Venice City Sightseeing ho...