Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. This is an essential tour for the understanding of Venice!
- Piazza San Marco: Origins, history and description of the main monuments, such as Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie
- Santa Maria Formosa: History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo: The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre: Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping
After the tour, you will be given a free coupon for a visit to a Murano glass factory in order to discover one of the greatest Venetian arts. Please note this is a free of charge optional trip by private boat to Murano Island (generally scheduled from 2.00pm to 4.00pm) and it is not a part of the tour. Be kindly aware that this optional visit could take longer than the scheduled time and that we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.