Exclusive Saint Mark's Basilica after hours tour
- Unique, guided walking tour of the Basilica after hours, without the crowds!
- Visit the Pala d'Oro, the 'Golden Altar' and more exclusive areas such as the crypt
This exclusive evening walking tour will provide you access to Saint Mark’s Basilica, one of the most spectacular cathedrals in the world, after closing time with no crowds! Enter this Byzantine treasure trove with just your guide and the church custodian after hours. Leave the crowds outside, while you discover the peace and serenity of this spiritual location, which was once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice. Starting in Saint Mark’s Square, your specialized guide will introduce you to another side of Venice and its origins. Enjoy fantastic tales of tyranny and embrace the dynamic history of Venice, whilst discovering the history of the most dramatic and awe-inspiring building in Venice: Saint Mark’s Basilica.
Your passionate and expert guide will explain the intricate works and history of the ornate decoration found throughout this architectural masterpiece. Witness the Pala d’Oro, one Italy’s most refined and accomplished examples of Byzantine enamel, decorated in gold with over 1,900 gems. As the Basilica will be open exclusively for this intimate tour, you will also have the opportunity to visit areas that are not usually open to the masses, such as the main altar and the crypt, where the relics of Saint Mark are said to be laid. There will be no more than 6 groups in any one time inside the Basilica, therefore, this one and a half hour tour behind closed doors really will be a once in a lifetime experience. Don’t wait any longer, book online now to be part of this exclusive tour with limited access.
- Exclusive access into Saint Mark's Basilica after hours
- 1 hour and 30 minutes guided walking tour
- Highly qualified tour guide
- Admission to the upper floor of the Basilica and the treasury
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Senior (aged 65-99): reduced
- Student (aged 13-22): reduced
- Child (aged 4-12): reduced
- Infant (aged 0-3): free of charge
Calle de la Canonica, 305, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Meet directly in Piazzetta dei Leoncini which is on the left hand side when facing the Saint Mark's Basilica in St. Mark's Square, Venice. Look for our assistant who will be holding a bright orange umbrella.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Shoulders and knees must be covered inside the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica
- The tour will take place rain or shine
- Groups of 15 people or less; a maximum of 6 groups per day
- Wednesday and Friday at 7.00pm or 8.00pm
The Jewish Museum of Venice is characterized by a unique architectural museum complex. What was the ...
This is a combination city tour, of 4 of the most popular tours in Venice and the best way to spend ...
Make your way through the narrow alleys of Venice, stopping off to try some local specialities and r...
Take part in an original New Year's Eve party in Venice at Palazzo Contarini della Porta di Ferro, h...
After a fascinating boat ride in the Lagoon you will reach Murano, known throughout the world for th...
Join this tour and discover the island of Murano, the world-famous place known for its ancient glass...