Byzantine Venice: city walking tour with Saint Mark's Basilica
- Treat yourself to an essential tour for the understanding of Venice
- Avoid the queues thanks to a guided tour of the Golden Basilica
- Learn about the symbols and the history of the Basilica’s interiors
- Explore St Mark's Square area and admire the famous Pala D’Oro
Walking Tour of Venice
Have a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. Treat yourself to an essential and multillingual tour for the understanding of Venice.
- Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square.
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune.
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice.
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
The Golden Basilica tour
For you a guided tour in one of the most incredible cathedrals of the world. On this tour, escorted by a Tour Guide and planned with the Curia of Venice, you will enjoy a full visit of this masterpiece of byzantine art, you'll have the pleasure to discover beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays of the floors, sitting comfortably while our guide will show you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica.
Admire The Pala d'Oro, exquisite example of the byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones; enjoy the view of the Treasury, a splendor of the religious art collected along the centuries.
The privileged entry and the special collaboration with the Curia of Venice allow us to avoid the queues! Audio-receiver device are included.
- Walking tour throughout Venice + Saint Mark's Basilica tour
- Tour guide
- Privileged entry to avoid the queues at Saint Mark's Basilica
- Children: 0-5 years old free
San Marco, 288, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
In front of Yex Exchange office under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square (please refer to the map attached).
- The curia decided to increase the prices for a special authorization we have inside the Basilica: ours are the only tours allowing people to stay an entire hour inside the Basilica admiring the mosaics sitting in the central nave
- For security reasons backpacks and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica and they have to be left at the free deposit available in Calle San Basso. Travellers are kindly advised to take less bags as possible in order to avoid long lines at the deposit
- Please note that this first part of the tour will end at around 10.45am, the second part (Basilica) will start at 12.00pm and participants are kindly requested to get back to the meeting point by 11.45am
- Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders).
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the Doge's Palace.
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be canceled and a refund will be provided
- Please note that the tour might be multilingual in Winter season (depending on the number of participants)
- From Monday to Saturday 9.00am
For you a guided tour in one of the most incredible cathedrals of the world. On this tour, escorted ...
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic S...
Built in 1792 in Neoclassical style following a competitive public exam won by one of Canova’s frien...
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
Venice, known as the romantic city, a city of excellence, theatre of memorable loves and libertine a...
A full 2-hour Venice walking tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice should be an absolute must for anyo...
Walking Tour of VeniceHave a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important place...
Explore the local market and the historic food shops of Venice and buy the best seasonal ingredients...
Escape the crowds of Venice with a day-tour excursion to explore the captivating region of Veneto. S...