Bacaro food tour in Venice
- Enjoy a walking tour of Venice to the discovery of its best bacari
- Learn all you need to know about Venetian food culture
- Taste local specialties such as Spritz, cicchetti and risotto
Thanks to this tour you will dive into the genuine and friendly lagoon mood and join the lively aperitivo with the locals; get ready to taste local wines and to eat "cicchetti", typical gourmet snacks of this area, along the Cannareggio canal. You will move among the Bacari of Venice, traditional osterias of the lagoon, known for their simple decorations and warm atmosphere.
During your walking tour you will manage to taste:
- Spritz: the cornerstone of Venetian aperitivo. Its name originates from "spritzen", Austrian word referring to the war period practice of watering down wine with sparkling beverages. In the 1920s, the cocktail we know today was invented and the sweet-tasting Aperol was added to sparkling water and wine
- Crostini: toasted artisan bread topped or stuffed with fanciful products of the area, such as "sarde in saor" (sardines with caramelized onions, vinegar pine nuts and risings), cured meats, cheeses, truffle sauces, veggie balls and mixed fried snacks
- Warm dishes: you will get the chance to taste some Venetian specialties such as risotto, "mozzarella in carrozza" (a deep-fried mozzarella sandwich), codfish with cornmeal and "melanzane alla parmigiana" (aubergines with tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil)
- Espresso coffee and chocolate: conclude your tour experiencing one of the best espressos in town, along with delicious artisan chocolates prepared in the most famous confectionery of Venice
- 5 stops and local food tastings
- Multi-lingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Infants (0-5 years old): free
- Children (6-12 years old): reduced
Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Castello, 6363, 30122 Venezia VE
Near the front door
- The tour includes 1 drink at each stop (cocktail, wine) and a serving plate with high-quality snacks. Other servings are not included
- Guests must be at least 18 years old to participate in alcohol tastings
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 people per booking. The maximum number of participants is 10
- Please, inform about any food allergy or intolerance. You will be asked to provide this information at the moment of purchase
- Every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 5.30pm
Learn the secrets and tricks of the most famous dishes of Venetian cuisine and taste the fruit of yo...
Visit Venice and its lagoon: discover its picturesque corners, history and legends at your own pace ...
“Having a spritz together” as Venetians used to say, is the perfect pause between work and dinner — ...
Enjoy a gondola ride through the canals of Venice and a romantic dinner in a typical Venetian restau...
On this tour led by a private expert guide, you will discover the most beautiful and famous monument...
Join this private cooking class and learn to cook Cicheti like a local with your personal chef.Ciche...