The guide will bring you in the stunning Doge’s palace with its rooms of power decorated by great artists as Tiepolo and Tiziano. Be stunned in front of the Golden staircase that brings in the heart of the Palace where the doge lived with the highest politicians. You will cross the famous Bridge of Sighs to go down in the dark Venetian prisons, where also Casanova was held. The visit proceeds inside the stunning Saint Mark’s Basilica. Admire its marvelous five-domes covered by gold. The basilica is known also the Golden one thanks to the mosaics completely covered with pure gold! The expert guide will accompany you along this byzantine masterpiece explaining its history and the meaning of the many biblical scenes around inside. You will have the skip the line access to the Pala D’oro and Saint Mark Treasury: a stunning collection of relics and valuable items collected along many centuries. With this special ticket you can visit by yourself the Palaces around Saint Mark’s Square: Museo Correr, Biblioteca Marciana and Museo Archeologico Nazionale. At the end of the tour you can participate to the option tour in a glass showroom near St. Mark's Square where you will see a real craftsman at work.
Amazing St. Mark's square with guided tour of Doge's Palace and Golden Basilica
- Skip the line to the Basilica and Doge Palace with your tour guide
- Admire the marvelous Basilica with its golden mosaics
- Discover the magnificent halls of power of the Doge's Palace
- Shared guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- Skip the line tickets to the Doge’s Palace
- The Basilica and Pala D’oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (0-5): free of charge
Piazza San Marco, 288, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace and Golden Basilica: prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
- Comfortable shoes suggested – For the visit of Basilica proper clothing are required (no short or tank tops).
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark's Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
From Monday to Saturday at 10:45am (not available on Sunday). Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- From April to October the visit is monolingual:
- English, French, Spanish and German every day
- Italian only on Saturday
- From November to March the visit could be bilingual:
- English from Monday to Saturday
- German on Monday and Friday
- French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday