Made In Sydney Shopping Tour
- Discover Sydney through the products that are produced right here in the city and meet the artisans and entrepreneurs behind them
- Learn about the history of retailing in Sydney and how it has changed over the decades
- Explore one of Sydney’s coolest neighbourhoods with a local by your side
- See internationally acclaimed street art as you stroll the streets for a unique shopping fix
- Drink locally brewed craft beer and taste a locally acclaimed gelato
- Visit the neighbourhood in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
This morning tour of Newtown is a great way to start your day. Explore this historic neighbourhood with a local guide: discover its internationally acclaimed street art, laugh at its creative graffiti, shop in an incredibly creative marketplace and enjoy a selection of treats.
We’ll take you off the high street into the laneways and side streets to meet local artisans and watch them ply their trade and sell their creative wares. Today Newtown is home to more than 400 independent businesses and truly is a place where different worlds collide. This tour gives you the unique opportunity to meet the artisans themselves, from butchers to brewers, designers to manufacturers, and everyone in between. We’ll then stop at three diverse independents that call Newtown home. We’ll taste the most photographed dessert in the world, visit the gelato business that won Italy’s "best gelato in the world" competition and sample a beer made by Sydney’s premier craft brewers. All the while, you will be learning about the colourful past and present which sets Newtown apart from every other suburb of Sydney. The tour ends where it starts at Newtown railway station and you will have plenty of time to grab some lunch from the many pubs, cafes, bars and clubs in the vicinity.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 1 coffee
- 1 cake
- 1 gelato
- 1 beer
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- Child (6-11): reduced
- Infant (0-5): free
Newtown Station, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
Newtown Railway Station ticket gates. Princes Highway (King Street) Newtown.
- Please present your voucher to your guide at the beginning of your tour. Save the email on your phone or tablet, or print a copy, as you will need to show this to join the trip.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking. Our tour runs in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
Every day at 10am.
Sydney is one of the world's great gay and lesbian cities — with plenty of stories waiting for you t...
This food and drink tour of Sydney will give you a taste of what the city has to offer: over the cou...
See the best of Sydney during the day. You'll explore the historical and mysterious neighbourhood of...
Wind your way through the back alleyways, up the steps and back in time to uncover the stories and p...
Begin your morning in Newtown: explore this historical neighbourhood and discover its internationall...
Discover the World Heritage treasures of Blue Mountains National Park and the breathtaking natural w...