Your tour starts near the Ferry Building with a view of what was once one of the busiest ports in the world. Then you’ll catch one of the iconic San Francisco cable cars from our favorite stop which has none of the crowds you usually find at the others. As you zip up the hill you'll learn what makes this very unique public transport so special (and get a few pics). You'll disembark atop Nob Hill and learn about the industrial tycoons who built the city as you wander through Huntington Park and past the Pacific Union Club. You'll also step inside the beautiful gothic interior of Grace Cathedral. Heading down the hill, enter the bustling neighborhood of Chinatown, the largest Chinese enclave outside of Asia, and the oldest Chinatown in North America. Taste fresh fortune cookies and see hidden landmarks like the Tin How Buddhist Temple as you learn how the neighborhood went from being a seedy red-light district to one of the most vibrant enclaves in the city. You'll also get advice on where to eat if you want to come back to try the world-famous dim sum. Your next neighborhood is North Beach, where you'll see the old haunts of the Beat poets like City Lights Bookstore, get a lovely view of Coit Tower, and a lunch break. It's not included, but your guide will recommend the best restaurants in the area for any taste and budget. After lunch, you'll climb up the hill to see Lombard Street, the "most crooked street in the world" then pop into the San Francisco Art Institute to bask in the glory of a Diego Rivera mural. You'll also step out onto the roof to take in a spectacular view of the bay before heading down to Fisherman's Wharf for a full tour. Explore the old docks, smell the sourdough at Boudin bakery, and see the sea lions at Pier 39 from a special vantage point with no crowds. You'll pause in Ghirardelli Square for a sample of the world-famous chocolate then take a taxi to the Golden Gate Bridge. Step onto this global icon and soak in more amazing views as you learn the improbable history of its construction and some peculiar facts about San Francisco Bay. Your last stop of the day is the jaw-dropping Alamo Square, home to some of the most beautiful Victorian architecture in the city. Learn why the city has become one of the home's of Victorian Architecture in America and see the famous "Postcard Row" of Painted Ladies as you get a couple of perfect pictures to help you remember the day.
San Francisco in a Day, Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Cable Car Ride
Availability: Every Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Duration: 8 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- See all the major attractions in San Francisco in a single day including the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Nob Hill, North Beach, Ghirardelli Square, and more
- Ride one of the iconic cable cars of San Francisco
- Explore the oldest Chinatown in the Western World and learn its improbable history
What to expect
- Streetcar tickets
- Taxi to and from the Golden Gate Bridge
What's not included
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
Infants up to 1 years are free of charge
Don Chee Way/Steuart St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Meet to the right of the museum entrance doors at the corner of Steuart and Don Chee Way.
What to remember
- While we try to avoid extreme inclines and declines, due to San Francisco's hills as well as crowded city streets and unpaved pathways, guests with mobility limitations, wheelchairs, or strollers cannot be accommodated
- San Francisco is a notoriously chilly city with micro-climates. It is best to wear/bring layers for all of our tours, even at the height of summer
- From 31 March 2019 to 23 May 2019 and from 1 to 31 October 2019 Every Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays
- From 24 May 2019 to 30 September 2019 Every Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Walks LLC - US
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.