Secret spots and history of Balboa Park tour
- Discover the quirky and fascinating history of Balboa park
- Uncover historical and architectural treasures hiding in plain sight
- Explore a botanical garden’s vibrant collection of more than 2,100 plants
- Learn about the early 20th-century expositions that shaped Balboa Park
- Find the best spots to photograph beautiful Spanish colonial revival architecture
This tour will guide you through Balboa Park’s gorgeous gardens, lovely walking paths, and plenty of cultural gems, from theatres to museums featuring the arts, the sciences, and more. You’ll get a full overview of the park and its rich history on this San Diego walking tour that explores how the park has become a symbol of the city.
You’ll explore everything from a sunken garden that was once a nudist colony to The Spanish Village Art Center, stopping at local coffee carts for a quick break on the way.
You’ll visit spots that even locals don’t know about. Keep the camera handy for what might be the prettiest tour in town!
- Local english-speaking guide
- One beverage at a park coffee cart
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Entrance to the museums
- Child (under 6): free
- Child (6 to 11): reduced
Laurel Street at the west entrance of Balboa Park, San Diego, California
Next to Founder’s Plaza statues between 6th Ave and Balboa Drive on Laurel Street at the west entrance of Balboa Park. They are located in Sefton Plaza and are directly across the street from the Lawn Bowling Club.
- Although the tour doesn’t include access to any museum, your guide will be more than happy to provide specific info on entry fees and attractions at each site for you to consider and visit during your time after our tour has ended
- Please wear casual dress and comfortable shoes. Take current weather conditions into consideration
- If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed
- Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher
- Tour runs Monday to Saturday
- Departs 10.00am
Jump on board the world-famous America for a once-in-a-lifetime Whale Watching experience. Experienc...
Make a Splash on the SEAL! Experience San Diego as it was meant to be experienced...by land and by s...
This tour takes you about 50 minutes away from San Diego to Southern California's wine country. On t...
On your San Diego harbor cruise, you will explore the San Diego coastline. Cruise by famous landmark...
Experience San Diego's wonders from another perspective while having a delightful three-course-meal ...
Hop on board a yacht and head out to the open ocean for an unforgettable experience. You will have a...