Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica skip-the-line morning tour
- Uncover the history of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Discover the most famous masterpieces and art collection of the world
- Morning guided walking tour with skip-the-line access to the attractions
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. You won't have to worry about waiting in long lines. You'll be ensured that you skip the lines and your expert guides will be there to give you an insider's point of view.
No trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the Vatican Museums which are composed of 54 galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and the Museo Gregoriano Egiziano. The Museums are home to some of the most famous works of art in the world, with artists including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Raphael and Giotto, to name a few. An experience that is sure to inspire the art lover in anyone.
The 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums is the famed Sistine Chapel. Completed around 1483 the Sistine Chapel is arguably the most famous chapel in the world due to the artwork located within. View many of the most famous frescoes in the world, including the famous ceiling and The Final Judgement painted by Michelangelo. Not only does the Sistine Chapel hold some of the world's most precious works of art, it is still used for religious purposes such as the Papal Conclave - the process through which a new Pope is chosen.
As a popular pilgrimage site, St. Peter's Basilica is also one of the largest in the world and a shining example of Renaissance architecture.
- Entrance tickets
- Professional guide
- Wireless audio headsets
- Pick-up service (if selected)
- Transport (if selected)
- Optional gratuities
- Infant (0-2 years): free
- Child (3-7 years): reduced
Piazza del Risorgimento, 54, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Tour without pick-up: the meeting point is in Piazza del Risorgimento at the Bar Caffetteria L’Ottagono, please be there no later than 15 minutes before the tour starts
Tour with pick-up: please call the number you can find on your voucher 24 hours before the tour starts to receive your pick-up time. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to assigned pick-up time
- Note that the tour is available in French only on Saturdays from 1 November to 31 March
- On Wednesdays the tour will not cover the Basilica due to the Papal Audience
- The Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice for religious events: in this case, the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library. This tour visits religious sites, and there is a dress code to be observed. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed
- The tour starts at 8.30am or 11.00am (English), select the time during the reservation process. If you book the 8.30am tour, you cannot take the 11.00am one, and vice-versa (unless you inform the provider at least 24 hours before the tour date)
- This tour ends in St. Peter's Square
- 11.00am (English only)
The Castle of Santa Severa stands on the site of Pyrgi, today's Cerveteri, founded between the late ...
Palazzo Merulana, an urban space discovered by the union of the Fondazione Elena and Claudio Cerasi ...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
This is the ideal tour for “hit and run” visitors that are willing to cover all of Rome's highlights...
Rome is one of the most charming cities in the world and every year over ten million people flock to...
Rome is the city with the largest number of obelisks in the world: discover some of the most importa...