Tickets and audio guide for the Castle of Santa Severa
- Retrace the history of the Etruscan town of Pyrgi
- Visit an ancient medieval village overlooking the sea
- Discover the Roman and Etruscan archaeological remains
The cost of the ticket is 8 euros.
The price listed in the calendar includes pre-sale and operating costs.
The Castle of Santa Severa stands on the site of Pyrgi, today's Cerveteri, founded between the late seventh and early sixth centuries BC. The construction of the castle and its village date back to a later period, between the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries and over the centuries the building became the property of different owners until 1482, when it passed into the hands of the order of the Holy Spirit until 1980.
The Castle reached its peak period between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries when it became a resting place for many popes, including Gregory XIII, Sixtus V and Urban VIII. Used as a strategic military post by the German army in 1943, the castle belongs today to the Lazio Region that has entrusted its management to the Municipality of Santa Marinella.
Inside the Borgo of the Castle of Santa Severa, you can visit different areas: the museum of the sea and ancient navigation, the Antiquarium of Pyrgi and the archaeological area, the castle museum in the fortress, the Saracen tower and much more.
- Entrance to the Castle of Santa Severa
- Audio guide
- Musement digital guide
- Guided tour
- Children between 6 and 14 years of age
- Adults over 65 years of age
- Employees of the Roman theater
- Person accompanying school groups
- Teachers of all levels (need to present a valid certification)
- MIBACT employees (need to present a valid certification)
- Minors up to 6 years of age
- Residents of the municipality of Santa Marinella
- Disabled people with a companion
- Tourist guides
- ICOM cardholders
- University students of archeology, history of art, cultural heritage, architecture (need to present a valid certification)
- Journalists (with registration card)
State Road 1 Via Aurelia, 00058 Castello Santa Severa RM
Castle of Santa Severa.
- In case of purchase at a reduced / free rate, a valid document must be presented at the ticket office, certifying the right to purchase at the discounted rate. In case of non-attestation, visitors can not be admitted to the site
April 1 to June 30 and September 1 to September 30
- Tuesday to Friday: 9.00am - 6.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
October 1 to March 31
- Tuesday to Friday: 9.30am - 4.00pm
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 10.30am - 5.00pm
- December 24 and December 31: 10.30am - 2.00pm
July 1 to August 31
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10.30am - 3.30pm
- Regular opening hours: 4.00pm - 11.00pm
- Closed: Monday, January 1, December 25
- The ticket office closes 1 hour before
The full ticket costs 10 euros; the reduced ticket costs 2 euros. The price listed in the calendar i...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, ab...
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the h...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
If you are planning to visit the Colosseum on your own, but would still like to skip the long lines,...
Watch the sunset across the romantic squares of Rome on a 3-hour guided tour of the city’s historic ...
After being picked up from your centrally located hotel, begin your day with a visit to two of the m...
Enjoy a guided tour of the Vatican Museums and visit the most extensive collection of art in the wor...