Colosseum restricted areas tour with access to Arena and Undergrounds
- Privileged access to the restricted area of the Colosseum with an express, skip-the-line entrance
- Entrance from the underground hypogeum: see how the Romans arranged the shows in the arena
- Exclusive access to the Arena floor
- Skip the long lines to the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill
Take the opportunity to enjoy exclusive access to the most craved areas of the Colosseum, the Undergrounds. As the undergrounds are a restricted area, demand is always high and the availability scarce. The undergrounds can host up to a maximum of 24 people for a visit of about 20 minutes each. Most people don’t get to have such a privilege, so be sure not to miss it! After this incredible visit, this tour will also bring you to the regular Colosseum areas, to the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill.
The tour starts with the Arena sand floor, the place where everything happened. Here the beasts and gladiators fought bloody battles to entertain the cheering crowds during incredible shows offered to the people by the emperors. After listening to incredible stories, your guide will also accompany you along the tier that surrounds the undergrounds and will show you the cross that dominates the arena.
Afterwards, you will descend into the deepest heart of the Colosseum and discover a whole new stage, made of narrow corridors, tunnels and complex mechanisms where you can still witness the ingenuity of the Romans: the Undergrounds. It is a highly spectacular part of the Colosseum and a must see. Walking through this part of the Colosseum, you can feel the nerves the gladiators must have felt when preparing for the games. You can almost smell the sweat and together with the help of the stories of your guide, you can travel back in time.
After the limited time in the Undergrounds, you will leave the Colosseum. Once outside, you can admire the triumphal Arch of Constantine and you will head to the social and political center of Ancient Rome; the Roman Forum, and the Palatine Hill. Your guide can tell you all about the politics, religion and the everyday life of a Roman citizen. Of course, you cannot leave this site without hearing the story of the she-wolf that nursed Romulus and Remus, founders of the city of Rome.
- Entrance fees
- Licensed, English-speaking guide
- Colosseum and Arena Floor
- Underground Hypogeum
- Arch of Constantine and Arch of Titus
- Palatine Hill
- Roman Forum
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Infants (0-1 years): reduced
- Children (2-9 years): reduced
Piazza del Arco di Costantino, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
In front of the Arch of Constantine. The tour guide will be standing next to a small column near the Arch, holding a sign with the name of the tour and the tour operator's logo
- Due to increased security measures at the attractions, some lines may form at the entrance
- Due to increased security measures attractions, strict rules apply to enter the venues (no knives, no scissors, no glass bottles, etc.)
- No large backpacks or bulky luggage admitted
- Good walking shoes are recommended
- During hot days, wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun
- On this tour, the venues or parts of them could be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures (ongoing restoration, special events). When this occurs, we offer the customers an extended visit to the outside and/or of other attractions according to the advertised total length of the tour
- Monday to Sunday
- Times differ according to the day selected
Follow in the footsteps of the emperors and of Roman citizens in a 3-hours tour, discovering the anc...
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
The Tour starts in Villa Borghese, at the end of viale Belvedere, where our staff will conduct an in...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...