Colosseum and Roman Forum with skip-the-line tickets and night tour with underground access
- Explore some of Rome's most famous sites by night
- Your tickets are included so you can save time at the entrance
- Learn more about the history of these ancient sites from your expert guide
- An unforgettable experience where you'll see the Eternal City under a special light
The mighty Colosseum is most beautiful and mysterious at night. Make your way through the gladiators' underground passageways where they used to walk before their deadly battles with other men and wild animals. This guided night tour also includes the Roman Forum, seen from the bird’s eye view from the Campidoglio, as well as other sites of Ancient Rome.
Your tour will start at Trajan’s Column, moving past Piazza Venezia and up Michelangelo’s staircase to reach the Campidoglio. The Campidoglio is a beautiful piazza, outside the Capitoline Museum, whose curved surface is often compared to that of an egg and was designed by Michelangelo.
Walk around the museum to find a little-known vantage point overlooking the Roman Forum (closed at this time). As the light fades, your professional English-speaking guide will talk you through the heart and history of Rome’s historic center. Your guide will point out the temples, arches and the sanctuary of Ancient Rome’s famous Vestal Virgins for you to marvel at.
As you continue your walk, your guide will point out Caesar’s and Augustus’ Forums among other ruins. As you walk past the Forums you will come to the highlight of our tour – the Roman Colosseum.
At this time of night, the Colosseum is virtually empty and your guide will lead you around telling stories about the history and people that once tread on the same ground. This is truly a fascinating and unforgettable experience. You will roam the arena floor where you will gain a better understanding of the magnitude of Ancient Rome’s greatest amphitheater.
A sure highlight of the tour comes when you venture into the underground passageways. You will walk through the very tunnels that gladiators and beasts passed through before being hoisted onto the arena floor via trap doors.
Very few visitors have the unique opportunity to visit the Colosseum’s underground passageways, and fewer still see it at night, making this visit both peaceful and spooky at the same time.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of max 25 people
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum
- Entrance ticket and reservation fee for the Colosseum
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (ages 6-14): reduced rate
- Infants (0-3): free
Piazza Foro Traiano, 3607, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
The tour will start on the platform directly in front of Trajan's Column. Trajan's Column (around 30m high with engravings) is located on Via dei Fori Imperiali next to Piazza Venezia. When standing right in front and facing the Victor Emmanuel II Monument (nicknames the Wedding Cake), it's directly to the left across the street. In the summer, your tour coordinator will be waiting there wearing a blue polo shirt with the City Wonders logo printed on it, and in the winter, a blue jacket of the same design.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items.
- Due to Colosseum security regulations, a passport or valid ID document is mandatory to join this tour. It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid document with you on tour. Passengers who fail to provide a valid proof of identity will be denied entry
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guest below 6 years old due to venue security reason
- Running days and departure times varies, please check calendar and select the departure time of your preference
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
Explore the local market and the historic food shops of Rome and buy the best seasonal ingredients f...
The Castle of Santa Severa stands on the site of Pyrgi, today's Cerveteri, founded between the late ...
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...
Take advantage of a comfortable and stress-free option to reach Campo Imperatore's slopes!Ski all da...