Colosseum and Roman Forum guided tour for small groups
- More attention from your guide with small groups (max 12)
- Avoid long queues at Rome’s most popular attractions
- Explore the passageways gladiators walked to reach the arena
- A great way to understand the many ruins of Rome
See the wonders of ancient Rome in a way that most people don't! Jump the queues with an expert professional guide in a small group. Be prepared to discover:
- The history of the Colosseum, its location and contexts
- The evidence of Nero’s great fire
- The construction and architecture of the building
- The grisly detail of the games and the gladiators
- The Colosseum from multiple viewpoints and how it functioned
- The truth about the many myths surrounding the place
- The Arch of Constantine
- The Palatine Hill, where emperors built their palaces and Romulus fought Remus
- The Forum’s many buildings and historic layers explained
- The Temple of Vesta, the Arch of Septimius Severus, and the Curia
Your guide will leave the group in the central area of the Forum where you can relax and take pictures, continuing the visit on your own, or moving on.
(Download this pdf for the initial meeting point)
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets and reservation fee to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Officially licensed English or Italian speaking guide (expert in archaeology and art history)
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Child (0-18)
Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Rome, Italy
On Via dei Fori Imperiali in front of the newspaper stand at the exit of metro B, station Colosseum.
- Please note: due to mandatory security metal detector checks, the waiting time at the entrance line to the Colosseum is about 90 minutes. The 'skip-the-line' tickets allow you to skip the ticket purchasing line, not the mandatory security checks
- The tour will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you will be offered an alternative date for your booking
- The provider is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum because of strikes, union meetings, bad weather, etc.
- Amendments and cancellation can only be made 72 hours prior to the booked time and date
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9.30am
- From the 3 May tours will start at 8.30am
- The tour does not run on the first Sunday of each month
- Meet at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour
- Free admission for the first Sundays of the month will now be limited to the months of January-March and October-December
- The following days you can access the site with free admission and without advance sale: 9 May, 5 June, 29 June, 23 September, 4 October, 4 November
- Free admission without advance sale is also provided on the last Thursday of May-June (30 May; 27 June) and September-November (26 September; 31 October; 28 November) for the last three hours of opening of the sites
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Discover Rome's immense history and culture in a brand new way: Vox City Guide is a state-of-the-art...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...
Saturday 28 September 2019 Minù presents DREAMERS Dengue Dengue Dengue Germano Ventura Dreaming is n...