Classic Coliseum & Ancient Rome Tour
- Enjoy the city with an English-speaking tour
- Let yourself be guided with a tour that is also suitable for children and families
- Visit the center's hot spots in a small group
A visit to the Colosseum should definitely be on the program when you visit Rome. The Colosseum: one of the greatest masterpieces of Roman architecture and technology.
This tour first goes to the Colosseum and then you visit the Roman Forum, the heart of the ancient world. The tour lasts approx. 3 hours in total.
You will learn more about "Bread and Games", the life of the gladiators - who they really were, everyday life in the stadium and the secrets and power games of the emperors. There are answers to the questions "Why had women to sit on the fifth floor" and "What has business to do with it". At the same time you receive the most important information about the ingenious architecture, the platforms and the lift technology. Fun and participation come first.
The second part of the tour (Roman Forum) is anything but boring: a walk through the Roman Forum. You can probably spend a whole day in the Roman Forum; there is so much to tell and to admire. Together, you will walk past temples, courts and shops and explore the founding legend "Romulus and Remus", find out who really killed Julius Caesar and where the virgins burned forever.
- Three hours of guided tour in English
- Tickets and reservation costs. The amount must be paid to the guide in cash at the start of the tour. Admission ticket prices: from 18 years 22 €, up to 17 years including 7 €
- Children (13-17 years): reduced
- Children (4 - 12 years): reduced
- Children (0-3 years): reservation fees only
Piazza del Colosseo, 4470, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
- At the Ludus Magnus. Just behind the Colosseum between Via Labicana and Via di San Giovanni in Laterano. (Next to the BIG BUS kiosk)
- Tour also takes place when it rains
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour starts
- Due to the increased controls, there may be waiting times at the security check
- No knives of any kind, scissors or other pointed objects, glass bottles or spray cans may be taken
- Bring enough to drink in the summer (you can fill up the water at many drinking water wells) - water may only be taken into plastic bottles
- Tickets, reservation costs and headsets. The amount must be paid to the guide in cash at the start of the tour. Admission ticket prices: 22 € from 18 years, 7 € up to 17 years
- Please have a valid copy of your ID with you from all participants
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users
- Every Wednesday and Friday at 9:30am
This self-guided audio tour allows you to explore the Pantheon in your own way, at your own pace, wi...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...
This is the ideal tour for “hit and run” visitors that are willing to cover all of Rome's highlights...
You'll begin your day by being picked up at your accommodation and enjoying a panoramic 2-hour drive...
After being picked up from your hotel you'll leave the center of Rome and drive north with your priv...
Visit one of the most beautiful cities in Italy in a single day and at your own pace: depart from Ro...