Terezín Fortress and Concentration Camp guided tour
- Discover one of the most impressive baroque fortresses of Europe
- Get to know both sides of the story – fascinating military past and gloomy history of Jewish Ghetto during World War II
- Look at the original drawings done by Jewish prisoners discovered only a few years ago
- Explore former Jewish Ghetto, Crematorium and former Gestapo Prison
Terezín was meant to defend the Czech Republic and Prague from aggressive Prussians. It was so precisely designed that nobody even dared to siege it. That’s why you can nowadays explore more than 60 kilometers of its defense tunnels and hidden mine chambers. Get to know from your guide how the system worked and how this marvelous piece of engineering could turn into a deadly trap.
After discovering its eminent past we’ll dig into the dark history of the 20th century when Terezín was used as a Jewish ghetto and a labor camp, as well as Gestapo prison. Over 150 000 people went through the ghetto and only 35 000 of them survived to the end of the war. Learn how people lived and worked inside the ghetto and have exclusive access to recently discovered messages they left behind.
You will visit also a former Gestapo prison in Small Fortress, where political enemies of Nazi Germany were kept. Every fourth person who went through had never seen the end of the war, dying of horrible conditions, malnutrition or simply being executed. Get to know what life was like for prisoners as well as their guards. Terezín is an experience you’ll never forget.
- Professional licensed guide
- Transport tickets
- Excursion of the fortifications
- Visit of Jewish Ghetto, Crematorium, Columbarium and Small Fortress
- Food and drinks
Václavské nám. 57, 110 00 Nové Město, Czechia
The meeting point is at the top of the Wenceslas Square in front of the statue of St. Wenceslas. Your guide is going to hold a lime green umbrella.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a small group tour – the maximum number of participants is 15 people
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- We don’t recommend this tour for families with kids 12 years old and younger
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
Tour operates every day except Saturday at 8:30 AM
After being pick-up from your guide at your hotel in Prague, you will head to Lidice, a former villa...
Take a 3-hour private tour of the Jewish Museum in Prague and the Old-New Synagogue with a private a...
This private trip takes you to the Melnik Chateau less than an hour north of Prague. Your guide will...
This tour is a must for beer fans. Have your guide pick you up from your hotel and head to Pilsen, a...
This trip will take you through the picturesque West Bohemian countryside to the city of Karlovy Var...
Explore the beautiful city of Dresden on this full-day, private tour from Prague. After being picked...