Origins of New York: From the Statue of Liberty to Battery Park
- Get a guided introduction to the Statue of Liberty from the best viewpoint in NYC: The perfect kick-off for your own independent visit
- The best part of NYC is its secret nooks, of which Battery Park has many. Discover bee-keeping, farming and oyster harvesting with a local guide
- This unassuming park was one of the first settled areas of New York, and the perfect place to learn its history
Battery Park is best known as the jumping-off point for visits to the Statue of Liberty. Before boarding your boat, learn the history and context you’ll need to get the most from your visit. Gifted by France, the statue was almost relegated to crates due to lack of funds to erect her, until NYC came to the rescue. Your guide will meet you at Pier A Harbor House then take you for a stroll along the river. The views of the river and the Statue of Liberty are certainly a highlight, but the history packed into this stretch of green space is the star of the show. This tour's itinerary takes you through some of the most momentous events of 20th-century American history by way of the monuments in Battery Park. From famous spots like the WWII Memorial and Korean War Monument to overlooked gems like Castle Clinton and the US Customs House, your guide will teach you something new about the history of New York City and America. Sites Visited: - Coast Guard statue - American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial - Korean War monument - Castle Clinton - Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island view point, historic map - Urban Garden initiative - Immigrant Memorial - WWII Memorial - Seaglass Carousel - Seton House - US Customs House
- Guided walking tour
- Expert local guide
- Tickets to the Statue of Liberty
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge.
22 Battery Pl, New York, NY 10004, USA
This tour meets in front of Pier A Harbor House, located at 22 Battery Place
- While never expected, tips/gratuity are always appreciated
- Please note that guests must arrive 10 minutes before tour departure time
- 15 April 2019 - 01 November 2019 Daily (except Tuesdays) at 9:00 am
King Kong is coming to Broadway November 2018.From Jack Thorne, the acclaimed writer of Harry Potter...
Get up close to one of the world's most famous monuments, the Statue of Liberty. Sail around the Sta...
On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings ...
New York Pizza, Beer and History Tour Looking for what to do in NYC? Check out the best pizza and be...
Explore the Big Apple and sightsee countless landmarks for 24 hours aboard a double-decker hop-on, h...
Join us as we explore one of Brooklyn’s trendiest neighborhoods on a Williamsburg Food Tour – known ...