Closing Time at the Met with Rooftop Drinks & Views across New York
- Discover the highlights of the Met spanning Ancient Egypt to modern day America with an expert guide.
- Experience an elegant evening complete with rooftop drinks and spectacular views.
- Discover the fascinating stories behind the Temple of Dendur, Madame X and Van Gogh’s self portrait.
Treat yourself to a truly unique evening in New York with this special seasonal tour of the Met, taking in some of the most celebrated works within before finishing with special rooftop drinks and spectacular views of the city. The Met’s impressive collection spans periods from Ancient Rome to modern day America, and indeed you could spend days wandering the grand halls and rooms, but if you only have a couple of hours, the best way to see it is in the company of an experienced guide. Together you'll trace a carefully-curated route - perfected over five years of Met tours - and learn about not just the most popular works, but a few special surprises too, giving you a fully rounded view of what’s on offer. Uncover the secrets to deciphering the hieroglyphics on the wall in Ancient Egypt and find out exactly what Jackie Onassis had to do with getting the Temple of Dendur to New York. After that it’s on to Ancient Rome, before it’s time to take in some controversial and monumental paintings in ‘Madame X’ and ‘Washington Crossing the Delaware’. You’ll see works by Van Gogh and Monet too, along with incredible artefacts from Papua New Guinea (collected by Michael Rockefeller, whose tragic disappearance haunts the collection today). Finally, with a head full of beauty, you’ll take in perhaps the most overlooked facet of the Met — its incredible views. Your guide will accompany you to the rooftop where you’ll enjoy a glass of wine, and majestic views over the city. A perfect end to a very special New York evening. *Rooftop access is for tours taking place from May through October, weather permitting. In poor weather, drinks will be held in the Met’s Great Hall Balcony Bar while enjoying some live music.
- Admission to Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge.
1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA
The main lobby of the Metropolitan Museum, at the statue of the Pharaoh, on your right upon entering.
- Please note that the Met rooftop is closed during the winter from November through April and reopens from early May through the end of October, weather permitting
- A coat and bag check is available in the main lobby
- If you cannot climb the stairs of the central entrance there is a ground-level entrance one block south, near the intersection of 81st St. and 5th Ave. Inform the desk you need to use the elevator to meet a group in the main lobby (at the pharaoh statue) which will then secure your entrance ticket. They will provide you with a temporary pass and help direct you upstairs.
- Meeting Time: 4:45 pm
- Departure Time: 5:00 pm
Your visit to the most filmed city in the world wouldn't be complete without a Turner Classic Movies...
Explore New York City on THE TOUR powered by THE RIDE, an exciting and unique twist on the tradition...
Discover an exciting world of graffiti taggers and street artists on this walking tour while viewing...
Experience a New York Sightseeing cruise like never before. Step aboard the 1920s inspired motor yac...
Come on board the America 2.0– a modern tribute to the first boat that won America's Cup in 1851. Al...
New York Pizza, Beer and History Tour Looking for what to do in NYC? Check out the best pizza and be...