Munich Third Reich Walking Tour
- Discover the birthplace of the Third Reich with a specialized guide
- Explore the beer hall where Hitler gave his first major speeches
- See the headquarter of the Nazi Party, venue of the Munich Agreement
- Commemorate victims and local opponents of Nazism at memorial places
Unknown to the casual tourist, many buildings of Munich carry secrets of a dark past. Discover them and how Munich is connected with the story of Hitler and the Third Reich during this 2.5-hours walking tour.
Only eight decades ago, Munich was the official “Capital of the Movement”. It’s the city Eisenhower famously called “the cradle of the Nazi beast”. Learn how Munich became the birthplace of the Nazi Party and visit the stage upon which some of the most horrific crimes of the Third Reich took place: Hitler's failed putsch, the Kristallnacht – one of the largest anti-Semitic pogroms in Western Europe and dark foreboding of the later Holocaust – and the infamous Munich agreement.
Ironically, while much of central Munich was destroyed by Allied bombing, many Nazi buildings survived and still stand today. Alongside them are memorials dedicated to the city's many victims of Nazism, including those who sacrificed their lives to oppose the hateful ideology.
Your expert guide will show you the following sites and share their story:
- Beer halls where Hitler attended first party meetings
- Beer halls where Hitler gave his first major speeches
- Nazi marching grounds
- Location of the Beer Hall Putsch street battle
- Building where Goebbels launched the Kristallnacht
- National headquarters of the Nazi Party
- Monuments of Nazi architecture
- Buildings that bear scares of the Second World War
- Memorials to victims and local opponents of Nazism
- Guided tour
- Transport to historic center of Munich
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up
- Children (6-13)
- Student (with valid ID)
Munich Central Station, Arnulfstraße 3, 80335 Munich, Germany
Radius Tours office in Munich Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof), located in the area just across from tracks 32-34
- 1 April - 15 October daily at 3pm
- 1 May - 15 October also at 8.45am
- 16 October - 31 March daily at 11.30am
- Not available on 24, 25, 31 December and 1 January
- Attention: Please be at the meeting point approximately 15 minutes in advanca
This tour introduces you to the most beautiful and outstanding sights of Munich before taking you to...
Enjoy a combined tour, which includes the city tour of Munich and a visit to the renowned Allianz Ar...
Traveling along the Romantic Road, your first stop will be Harburg, one of the oldest, largest and b...
Get familiar with one of the most sorrowful and tiresome periods in the history of humanity in the M...
Discover fairytale views of the German Alpine Road from the Eagle's nest in the picturesque territor...
Play out your soccer fantasy and tour the famous Allianz Arena. Feel your legs tingling at the train...