Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Day Tour
- Explore the pristine beaches and pink granite mountain ranges of Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park
- Enjoy the tour in a small group
- An expert guide will enrich your tour experience with his cultural knowledge, historic storytelling with great humour
- Travel via Tasmania’s wine region, the Coal River Valley, and visit historic Richmond
- Contribute to creating your flexible itinerary
Tasmania’s east coast is a uniquely beautiful part of the world. This tour shares with you all of the must-see sites of the Freycinet National Park and Tasmania’s stunning East Coast: be prepared for amazing scenery, great photo opportunities, some gentle walking and lots of fresh air.
While the main attraction is Wineglass Bay included in your tour are some hidden extras: visit Rosny Hill Lookout, a vantage point from which you will be treated to expansive views of the Derwent River, Hobart City and Mount Wellington, as well as the Coal River Valley, now home to some of Tasmania’s most popular wineries. You'll have the opportunity to visit the historic Georgian township of Richmond and you'll stop at Richmond Bridge. From Richmond, you'll drive into the township of Buckland, home to the Church of John the Baptist, built by convicts in 1846 from local sandstone. Learn the story behind its spectacular stained glass windows and for those with musical talent, play a tune on the church organ.
Back on the Great Eastern Drive, as the mountains of the Hazards come into view, you will know we are nearing the Freycinet Peninsula: here you will spend over 4 hours exploring this unique National Park including the tour highlight, the 45-minute walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout. Be surprised by the wildlife emerging from the undergrowth, absorb the majesty of the mountains above and wonder at the balancing boulders then take a well-deserved stop halfway to catch your breath and take in the views of Great Oyster Bay. Once you're back from the walk you can enjoy lunch at one of the local beaches. Lastly, discover bull kelp forests and natural rock sculptures at Sleepy Bay and find peace and tranquillity at the aptly named Honeymoon Bay, a great spot for a swim, if you are keen.
Truly a spectacular day of exploring, and before you decide to stay forever immersed in this beautiful place…there is ice-cream and other tasty treats to enjoy at Kate’s Berry Farm!
- Wineglass Bay and the Freycinet National Park tour
- A visit to the oldest convict-built bridge in Australia still in use
- Accommodation pick-up
- Expert guide
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Roundtrip transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Driver guide
- Food and beverages
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (8-14): reduced
- Senior (65+): reduced
You will be picked up from your accommodation.
- The tour can accommodate a group of maximum 11 people
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes
- You will be informed on the exact pick-up time after the booking
- If you would like to walk down to Wineglass Bay Beach when returning from the 45/minute Wineglass BAy hike, this can be arranged with your guide in advance. Bear in mind this is a steeper track requiring a higher level of fitness
- Airport drop-offs, post tour, can be arranged in advance at no extra cost
- If Seafood is your fancy, a stop at the Marine Farm for lunch can be arranged
- From June 1 to October 31: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
- From November 1 to May 31: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
- Pick-up is between 7:00 and 7:30 a.m. You will be informed on the exact pick-up time after the booking
Every evening at dusk the Little Penguins come home from the sea at Phillip Island. Experience the n...
On your personalized morning sports tour of Melbourne, choose from either the Melbourne Cricket Grou...
This tour is the celebration of the local foodie culture. You'll visit Melbourne’s multicultural mar...
Start your tour at the Eureka Skydeck, an 88-storey skyscraper that is home to stunning views of the...
This tour will bring you through the world's most impressive coastline. Departing from Melbourne, yo...
This thirst-quenching beer odyssey will take you through the best of the best on the Melbourne brew ...
On the day of your introduction to abseiling, you’ll be met by expert guides in the heart of Melbour...
Visit the Melbourne's oldest suburb, Fitzroy. In the early 1900's it was known to police as the home...
Starting at Melbourne's world Heritage Site, the Exhibition Buildings, this tour includes stops at f...
Are you ready to go over the edge with this awesome, heart-pounding abseiling experience? Forward ab...