Wine tasting and Iberian ham tapas tour in Madrid
- Visit one of the most famous 'Houses of Ham'
- Learn all about the wide range of Jamón and its related products
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
This is a unique tour that will take you off the beaten tracks, allowing you to taste the best Iberian hams paired with selected Spanish wines. Tour experience handed by native Madrilenian.
Learn about Spanish wines and discover traditional Iberian ham houses in Madrid. During this tour, taste several cuts of Iberian meats including chorizo, salchichón, lomo, and ham paired with Manchego cheese and other classic tapas. As you do so, learn about the fascinating history and culture of wine, the differences between each type of ham you can find in the market and master how to shop for them like a local.
You will visit emblematic and high-quality Jamonerías (home of ham).
Do you know the difference between Jamón Serrano and Jamón Ibérico? Do you know the difference between Jamón and Paletilla? Be prepared to be enlightened!
Learn all about the wide range of ham and its related products. You will be shown where the Jamón Ibérico's 4 protected Qualified Appellation of Origin in Spain.
Taste and see how a professional ham cutter carves those delicious thin slices with his special long knife. You will experience first-hand why Iberian ham (Black hoof) is so delicious and unique…and also healthy!
- Foodie specialized local guide
- Spanish wines tasting
- Iberian Ham, cured meats, tapas, and cheese tasting
- A glass of wine, beer, or soft drinks in each bar/jamonerías
- Explanations about Spanish ham and wine culture
- Spanish virgin olive oils tasting
- Explanations and tasting of Cocido Madrileño (Madrilian stew)
- English/Spanish speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks not specified
- Transportation to the meeting point
Plaza de Isabel II, 8, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Plaza Isabel II. Right beside statue of Queen Isabel II (Metro station Opera).
- Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) at the time of booking
- Vegetarian option not available
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A minimum of 2 persons is required for this tour. The activity will be cancelled in case the minimum is not met and you will be fully refunded; maximum 15 persons
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 1.30pm
- Check-in: 15 minutes earlier
Enjoy this fun introduction to the Spanish gastronomic culture. You will learn how to cook Paella,To...
Spain is famous for its traditional tapas and the bite-size dishes are an ideal introduction to Span...
Begin your Madrid tapas tour at a popular market right in the centre of the city, the perfect place ...
Market tour, cooking class and Paella dinner on a Madrid rooftop Tour a local food market then head ...
Sunset dinner overlooking Plaza Mayor Take in a panoramic view of Madrid and watch the sunset on the...
Champagne and chocolate fondue in Plaza Mayor As the sun sets, enjoy a chocolate and fruit fondue wh...
Authentic Italian dinner with an Italian host in Madrid Simple recipes, great quality ingredients an...
Participate in a private enology course accompanied by an expert enologist holding WSET certificatio...
Built in the late 1700s, the Prado began showcasing art in the early 1800s. Predominantly featuring ...
This is the best tour to get acquainted with the city. You’ll get to see the most important building...