Madrid in a day: early entry to Royal Palace with wine tasting, monument stroll and Prado Art Museum
- Enter the Royal Palace a full hour before it opens to the general public
- Stroll the medieval streets of central Madrid and learn the fascinating history of what was once the richest city in the world
- Taste tapas, wine, and olive oil in a local market
- Enjoy stunning views from a hidden roof terrace
- View beautiful monuments along the Paseo del Prado, including Cibeles Palace, the Central Bank, and Fountains of Neptune and Apollo
- Experience the world-famous art collection in the Prado Museum with an expert guide
Madrid is packed with art, architecture and culture, and on this full-day tour, you’ll experience the best of it with an expert local guide. Your day starts when you enter the heart-stopping Royal Palace a full hour before the general public to explore the beautiful interiors and see paintings by Caravaggio, Goya, Velázquez, and more. Your guide will tell you how the discovery of the Americas created this amazing building and funded the powerful dynasties that once lived here.
Leaving the palace, you’ll enter the Barrio de la Morería to learn about Madrid’s Muslim roots then enter the Mercado de la Cebada for a crash course in Spanish food culture. We’ll take you to our favorite stall to taste wine, olive oils, and small plates and learn why the Spanish custom of tapas is one of the country’s most treasured institutions.
Next, you’ll explore the medieval streets of central Madrid, stopping at the Plaza Mayor and the Puerta del Sol as your guide tells you story of how the city went from an outpost of a crumbling Moorish empire to the preeminent Catholic power in Europe. Then it’s time for a surprise: we’ll take you to the top of a rooftop terrace for jaw-dropping views over the entire city. From up there, your guide will show you points of interest and give you recommendations for lunch.
After your lunch break, your guide will take you on a stroll down Madrid’s most famous street, the Paseo del Prado, to experience and learn about its most iconic monuments, like the Cibeles Palace, Central Bank and the fountains of Neptune and Apollo.
Your stroll leads you to the steps of the Prado art museum, home to one of the greatest collections of European art in the world. You’ll enter with skip-the-line tickets and enjoy a full tour of the museum’s highlights, including works by Rembrandt, Raphael, Goya, Velazquez, El Greco, Bosch, and more. Your guide will tell you the stories behind the art and help you understand what makes each piece so celebrated.
Your tour ends in the museum; you can either spend more time enjoying the art or get recommendations for what to see, do and eat from your guide before heading off, safe in the knowledge that you have experienced the very best of the city in a single day.
- Teatro Opera (outside)
- Plaza de Oriente
- Palacio Real (inside)
- Catedral de la Almudena (outside)
- Mercado de la Cebada (inside for tapas, wine & olive oil tasting)
- Plaza della Villa (outside)
- Mercado San Miguel (outside)
- Plaza Mayor
- Puerta del Sol
- Calle Alcala
- Panoramic viewpoint
- Monumental Madrid (Passeo del Prado, Cibeles & Neptune Fountains & Banco de España)
- Prado Museum Masterpieces, including Las Meninas by Velázquez
- Early access Palacio Real (enter 1 hour before the general public)
- Tapas and 2 wine tastings
- Olive oil tasting
- Skip-the-line entrance to Prado Museum
- Expert Walks tour guide
- Tour in English only
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (4-12 years)
- For infants (0-3 years) this event is for free
Calle del Marqués de Casa Riera, 2, 28014 Madrid, Spain
This tour meets in front of the Circulo de Bellas Artes, Calle del Marqués de Casa Riera, 2
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- 15 September 2018 - 31 October 2018: Fridays, Saturdays
- 01 November 2019 - 31 March 2019: Not running
- 01 April 2019 - 31 October 2019: Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
Meeting & Departure Time:
- Meeting Time: 8.30am
- Departure Time: 8.45am
This is the best tour to get acquainted with the city. You’ll get to see the most important building...
This guided tour will take you to Madrid's most majestic area. Some of the city's most famous monume...
In this walking tour, you will discover the essence of Madrid and all the places that can't go amiss...
This full-day tour with departure from Madrid will take you to two of the most famous cities around ...
In this tour we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a ...
Follow your guide for a unique and authentic visit that every football fan dreams of doing once in a...
The highly popular Parque del Retiro of Madrid is one of the most famous and beutiful parks of the c...
Immergiti nella storia di Madrid e scoprirai la città in modo diverso con le nostre guide locali. Pe...
It is along the famous Paseo Del Prado that you will meet the Reina Sofia National Museum. His colle...
You start this excursion to Segovia from the center of Madrid in a comfortable bus accompanied by th...