Tower of London fast-track entry and the River Thames family tour
- Create precious memories with this tour designed especially for families
- See both London Bridge and Tower Bridge from the best vantage points
- Fast-track access to the Tower of London lets you be one of the first to enter
- Special materials ensure children are engaged throughout the experience
- English-speaking guide trained to work with children
Enjoy Tower of London fast-track entry as part of your River Thames family tour.
London is a huge city overflowing with history and at times it may seem overwhelming for younger children. Take a specially designed family tour and ensure your children experience this city as they should – with imagination. This tour is designed to bring the murky history of the Tower of London, the River Thames and the surrounding city vividly to life for your family. Your hand-picked itinerary ensures you see the very best of this historic part of London. With early entry into the Tower, you will be among the first to go through the gates as it’s waking up and at its quietest.
Your personalized experience begins at Embankment, where you’ll board your river boat down the Thames, or as your guide will describe it, a ship to sail the high seas, much as the mariners of the past would have done. As you float past the city of London, you and your family will be enthralled with dastardly tales of the smugglers, pirates, and mutineers who sailed the Thames, as well as the fate that befell them when caught. Be captivated as your guide conjures images of these scallywags being marched across London Bridge led by a man carrying a silver oar – the symbol of the power of the Admiralty – before facing their punishment.
As you see the Tower of London come into view on the banks of the Thames, it’s time to disembark and admire London Bridge itself, as well as the iconic Tower Bridge – one of the most recognizable bridges in the world - from the best vantage points along the river. With their heads swimming with stories of swashbucklers, your children will have a new-found fascination with these iconic sights, made all the more interesting by the specially designed tour activity materials provided by your guide for each child. These fun resources will ensure children are engaged at every part of the tour.
It’s then time to brave the Tower of London, former notorious prison and execution ground where even members of the Royal family came to a grisly end. The early morning departure means that your eager historians will be among the first to explore this amazing site. History comes alive for your children as your guide lays bare the Tower’s secrets – see the famous Beefeaters and learn about their proud history and traditions, learn what the ominously-named Traitor’s Gate was used for, and the legend of the beady-eyed ravens that stalk the Tower’s grounds. Marvel at the spectacular crown jewels, see the medieval palace where kings once lived, the towers where prisoners were held, and march along the ramparts as the guards once did defending this incredible fortress, enjoying spectacular views over the river. Follow your guide as they take you straight to the most significant sites, showing your children the very best of this unlikely palace.
- River boat tour
- Guided visit of the Tower of London
- Entrance tickets to the Tower of London
- Specially designed materials for children
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (5-14 years old): Reduced
- Children (4 years old and under): No charge
- Your tour departs from Embankment Pier
- Please present a printed or mobile version of your voucher
Your guide will meet you next to the red telephone box on Victoria Embankment, by Embankment Pier and opposite Embankment tube station.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Tuesday and Friday
- Meeting time: 09:35
Departure time: 09.50
Join King Henry VIII at his royal banquet and be part of 1,000 years’ history at London’s extraordin...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...
Discover two of the UK's most popular and iconic landmarks, Windsor Castle and the beautiful city of...
On this interactive discovery experience across London's Hackney and Shoreditch, you will solve ridd...
On this interactive discovery experience across London's Barbican, you will solve riddles via a web ...