March with the Guards: Changing of the Guard ceremonies and Buckingham Palace
- See two separate Changing of the Guards Ceremonies (one with horses!) from 4 different vantage points that let you get as close as possible to the action
- Walk alongside the Queen's Life Guard as they cross the park
- Tour St. James's Park with stops at Buckingham Palace and St. James Palace
As the people begin to jostle in front of Buckingham Palace to watch the Changing of the Guard, this tour will take you away from the crowds and over to St. James Palace to witness the guards preparing to make their famous march. Believe it or not, it’s not all for show; these are real soldiers with real weapons carrying out their daily duty of protecting the Palace. Your guide will talk about what their duties include and the significance of their highly-symbolic uniforms. As they leave, you'll march alongside them (no, you don’t get to wear a hat), then head over to a special vantage point near the Wellington Barracks, home to all the Foot Guard’s Bands, that lets you get as close as possible to the action. Next, you'll stroll across St. James’s Park and learn about the history of this royal green space which is among the most famous of the green spaces that cover nearly 47% of greater London. Arriving at the Horse Guards Parade, you'll watch the equally-impressive, but often overlooked Changing of the Queen’s Life Guard, which features mounted, armor-clad soldiers and their immaculately groomed steeds.
- Guided walking tour
- Expert guide
- Hotel pick-up or drop-off
- Infants (up to 3 years old): Free
Spur Rd, London SW1A 2BJ, UK
Please meet your guide at the top of the steps of the Victoria Memorial in front of Buckingham Palace.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Please note that you must arrive 10 minutes before your tour departs
- If you wish to cancel your booking, please email email@example.com at least 72-hours before your chosen tour time
- This tour runs on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
- It departs at 9.45am and lasts for 90 minutes
- The meeting time is 9.35am
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...