Changing of the Guard walking tour
- Experience the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Discover the history behind famous London landmarks
- Enjoy a 2 hour guided walk in a small group
On this two hour semi-private tour, you and up to eight guests will discover together the typical London phenomenon of the Changing of the Guard in a way that few other tourists ever will. Expect to nab a few amazing photos along the route!
You'll begin at iconic Trafalgar Square where you'll discover the history of the regiments before making your way to the Horse Guards Palace where the Calvary on Guard includes more than a few impressive steeds that take part in the ceremony.
Head up the Duke of York Steps, near the monumental Admiralty Arch before learning about various monarchs like George VI and Elizabeth in front of their statues. Stroll the Mall to St. James Palace, but be mindful to arrive on time to witness the inspection of the soldiers.
You’ll then follow your guide and the new regiment along the Mall to the monumental Buckingham Palace and watch the entire spectacle unfold before your eyes, without getting lost in the crowds. Follow the now-off-duty troops to the Wellington Barracks to end the tour, and continue your London adventures knowing that you have participated fully in one of the world’s most famous rituals.
- 2 hour guided semi-private walking tour
- Changing of the guard ceremony
- Food and beverages
- Optional gratuities
- Child (9 and under): reduced
- Youth (10 to 17 years): reduced
National Gallery, London
Meet by the Red telephone booth by the Sainsbury Wing entrance of the National Gallery
- Changing the Guard can sometimes be canceled, especially in wet weather. The decision to cancel can be made by the Captain of the Guard sometimes as late as 10:45 am on the day
- Schedules can and do change from time to time, sometimes without notice, meaning the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace cannot be guaranteed
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Departs at 9:30 am
As the sun goes down over London the attractions are floodlit and this view of London is one not to ...
Over the last 10 years, street food markets have ‘popped up’ all around the city. It won’t matter wh...
Tea with the Queen is not something we can arrange when you visit London. But don’t be disappointed,...
Set in a quintessentially stately home environment with views overlooking Hyde Park, The Park Room a...
This 2 ½ hour guided London film locations walking tour is action-packed with Blockbuster film locat...
Over 50 years ago, after his Aunt Lucy went into The Home for Retired Bears in Lima, Paddington Bear...