Grand Canyon National Park South Rim day trip from Las Vegas with helicopter upgrade
- See the Grand Canyon Scenic overlooks
- Spend three hours at the Grand Canyon
- Visit Route 66 during a stop in Williams, AZ
After leaving Las Vegas, the tour will go through the Mojave Desert and over the Colorado River on their way to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. The Mojave Desert is characterized by its signature plant, the Joshua Tree and is home to one of the hottest places. You'll be traveling over the Colorado River on the Mike O’Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge and pass by Route 66. Before arriving at the largest and most profound portion of the Grand Canyon National Park, the visit will halt in noteworthy Williams, AZ. With the Grand Canyon Railway and the crossing point of Route 66, this little town is a reminder of the American West from the 1950s. You will get to spend three hours at the Grand Canyon National Stop with time to walk along the rim, shop, capture tons of photos, and enjoy lunch. Before departing the South Rim Village you will join your Phoenix-based guide. You’ll conclude the tour with a drive through the Ponderosa Pine Forest and the Sonoran Desert as you return to the Las Vegas area.
ADD-ON A HELICOPTER TOUR!
The Southwest Escape is a 45-minute Fantastic Canyon helicopter tour that leaves from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon taking you over the lovely Kaibab National Forest. Once you reach the edge of the canyon, the South Rim views fade away as the North Rim and the eastern end of the canyon can be seen. These are some of the most stunning views in the entire canyon! At a distance, you can see the Painted Desert and the Desert View Watchtower created by the Hopi Indians. Your tour continues onwards towards the Colorado River upstream to where it merges with the Little Colorado River.
Pick up at most hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada. Guests at private residences will be asked to meet at a nearby pre-determined pickup location. All pick-up and drop off locations and times are estimates only and are subject to reasonable change at short notice. Guests with a reservation will receive notification of their precise pick-up time and location between 4.00pm-6.00pm the evening prior to tour departure. Guests will be notified of weather conditions and other suggestions at this time.
- Weather appropriate clothing, camera, sunscreen, snacks, government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A minimum number of guests must be met for this tour. You may be booked on stand by until the tour is confirmed
- Boxed lunch is included and the options are Bobbie sandwich with turkey, cranberry, and stuffing, a Turkey and cheese, Italian meats and cheese, and Vegetarian. All sandwiches include chips and a cookie. There is also a salad option. NOTE: Guests can request gluten-free and dairy-free lunches. Please be sure to notify DETOURS
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour
- Guests must provide child safety seats for children under 6 years and under 60 lbs (NV law). DETOURS can provide child seats for a 10 USD fee
- Operates daily
- Departure Time: Approximately 5.30am
- Return Time: Approximately 7.00pm
Take a quick trip to see the iconic Hoover Dam on this half-day guided bus tour. You’ll head out fro...
Enjoy a two-hour dinner cruise aboard an authentic paddle boat in the waters of Lake Mead on this re...
Experience Laughlin, Nevada and its casinos. You'll travel through the Eldorado Valley on the way to...
Looking to have an epic night out in Las Vegas? Join this Vegas nightclub crawl, and you’ll be treat...
Jump on the Las Vegas Monorail and connect to the glitz and glam that the city has to offer. From lu...
Your tour will start with a luxury limousine transfer from your Las Vegas hotel to the Grand Canyon ...