Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Wieliczka Salt Mine full day tour from Krakow
- See in one day both major tourist attractions in Krakow with a tour in English
- Watch during the travel an informative documentary about the liberation of Auschwitz
- Enter the most famous site of the abominable Holocaust
- Then visit the fascinating Wieliczka Salt Mine with its statues, lakes, galleries and chapels
Discover Krakow's history on this full-day tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum and the Wieliczka Salt Mine. First, you will be taken by air-conditioned minivan or minibus to Auschwitz-Birkenau to explore the grounds and the museum. In the afternoon, you will get a chance to visit Wieliczka Salt Mine, the underground complex recognized by UNESCO's World Heritage Sites List, and see its chambers carved in salt. This guided has a maximum size of 30 guests in Auschwitz - Birkenau Museum and 35 guests in Wieliczka Salt Mine.
You will be picked up from your hotel or apartment in Krakow city. If your accommodation is located outside, the most convenient point will be agreed via email with you.
Attention: You'll travel from the Auschwitz Memorial directly to the Salt Mine in Wieliczka, without returning to Krakow for lunch. You have 1 hour break, but it is advisable to bring packed lunch with you.
- Door-to-door pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel or accommodation in Krakow city center
- Transport in a modern and air-conditioned, shared minivan with Wi-Fi
- Skip-the-line admission to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial with guided tour in English
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Wieliczka Salt Mine with guided tour in English
- Food and drinks
- Extra fee in Wieliczka for taking photos
- Children and youth (5-17 years): reduced
- Infants (0-4 years): free
Main meeting point: in front of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Straszewskiego 17, Krakow or pick-up service (if agreed)
You can choose to come to the main meeting point punctually at 09.15am or agree a pick-up service from your hotel or accommodation in Krakow city center
- Please provide the name and address of your accommodation, in order to organize the pick-up service
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please reconfirm the starting time and pick up place directly with the provider at the contacts provided in the voucher you receive after the booking
- NOTE: the museum requires the name and surname of every guest for entry, please add this additional information at checkout
- IMPORTANT: every guest MUST carry an ID or passport matching the name and surname provided at checkout which will also be reflected on your museum entrance ticket
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for wheelchair users
- There are no restrictions regarding the age of children in Wieliczka Salt Mine and Auschwitz Birkenau Memorial and Museum, but they should be either capable of walking unassisted or carried in baby slings or baby carriers. Baby pushchairs are not allowed underground (salt mine)
- While in Auschwitz-Birkenau, visitors are required to behave appropriately and respectfully
- Temperatures in Wieliczka Salt Mine are around 59ºF (15ºC). Also, it should be taken into account that narrow paths may seem claustrophobic, and once underground there is no possibility to shorten your visit and turn back. At the entrance, visitors descent 400 steps down and the whole tourist route features over 800 stairs
- In Auschwitz-Birkenau visitors are generally allowed to take pictures with a few, clearly indicated exceptions. Taking photos and filming in Wieliczka Salt Mine is possible only after purchasing additional pass. The cost for taking photos in the Wieliczka Salt Mine is 10 PLN / 2,5 Euro - cash only
- The maximum size of your carry-on can not exceed the following dimensions: 11.8 x 7.8 x 3.9 inches (30 x 20 x 10 cm). You can leave your larger luggage in the car
- Please note that in the camps there are mostly dirt tracks, which may cause minor difficulties for wheelchair-users
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended (dirt tracks in the Momerial and ca. 800 stair steps in the salt mine)
- Guests who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication can't be admitted. No refund is possible in that case
- Full-day tour of up to 11 hours
- Start at 9:00am
- Morning: Auschwitz-Birkenau tour (guided visit of ca. 3,5 hours)
- Afternoon: Wieliczka Salt Mine tour (guided visit of ca. 2,5 hours)
- Return to Krakow around 8:00 pm
Every year, millions of visitors from around the world walk through the gate bearing a fallacious in...
Enjoy a day-trip to Zakopane, the Polish mountain capital located at the bottom of the Tatra mountai...
Your tour starts with pickup from your Krakow hotel at a time of your choosing. Traveling in the com...
Not far away from Krakow, you find the beautiful Tatra Mountains. Don't miss the chance to relax a d...
Discover the city of Krakow in a day. The professional, english-speaking driver-guides will take you...
Visit one of the most famous Polish resorts, which turns into a real winter wonderland during the co...
If you want to visit the most popular winter destinations in Poland but you appreciate independence ...
Forget for a time about your life here and now – enter Krakow as it was more than 70 years ago! Hear...
Visit the original enamel factory of Oskar Schindler in Krakow, where many Jews saved their live dur...
Go on a journey through the vodka culture of Poland on a 3–hour tasting tour in Krakow, and visit 4 ...