Excursion to Verona and Lake Garda
- Combine a guided city tour and a relaxing afternoon at the lake in a single excursion
- Discover the center of Verona and its most important monuments including the Arena, Piazza delle Erbe, Piazza dei Signori and Juliet's House
- Stroll along Lake Garda and spend some pleasant free time in Sirmione
Verona is a magical city that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.
One of the most famous squares in Verona is Piazza Brà, which also houses the famous Arena di Verona, the most famous Roman amphitheater in the world after the Colosseum. In this important square, however, there is also the Palazzo della Gran Guardia, Verona's council and the Museo Lapidario Maffeiano, where there is a Greek, Etruscan, Paleo-Venetian, Roman and Arabic epigraphic collection of great value.
The square that represents the centre of Verona is Piazza delle Erbe, where in Roman times the main social, economic and political activities took place. In this majestic square you can visit the imposing Torre dei Lamberti, 84 meters high, and climbing up, on foot or by lift, you can admire a unique view of the entire city. On one side of the square, you can see the famous Mazzanti Houses, which over time, have given to Verona the name of Painted City.
Not far from Piazza delle Erbe there is Juliet's balcony, which became famous thanks to Shakespeare's tragedy, which managed to mix fantasy and reality. However, not everyone knows that the Capulets and Montecchi family really existed. In the courtyard of Juliet's house, there is also a wall of love padlocks and on some walls you can leave letters to Juliet.
Another famous square to visit is Piazza dei Signori where you'll find the Arco della Costa, under the arch hangs a rib of a whale and legends say that when an honest, pure of heart will pass under the rib, it will come off the arch and fall to the ground.
- Departure from Jesolo between 7.30am and 8.10am
- Short stop on the motorway
- Arrival in Verona at 10.30am
- Walk and visit of Piazza Brà, the Arena of Verona, Piazza delle Erbe. Piazza dei Signori, Juliet's House
- Transfer to Sirmione
- Free time in Sirmione
- Departure from Sirmione at 4.00pm-4.30pm
- Arrival in Jesolo at 7.00pm
- Gran Turismo bus transfer available from the hotel to the destination and back
- Tourist guide
- 1 hour with official tourist guide
- This tour offers pick-up service. Click here to find your pick-up point among the proposed options
- The pick-up will be reconfirmed by email a few days before the tour
- Every Tuesday
- The pick-up service will take place between 7.30am and 8.00am
The Verona Walking Tour is the ideal solution for those who want discover the fascinating Verona Are...
Meet the guide-driver at Veronality office in the city center of Verona and take place in the miniva...
This tour will start from the 2,000 year-old Arena, the Roman amphitheatre built some 50 years befor...
Through this amazing tour you'll see the 2,000-year-old amphitheatre called Arena, built before the ...
During this passionate walking tour of Verona you'll first see some of the most important locations ...
What happened in the Arena on the Ides of March of year 54 AD ? Why were 176 people - including chil...
When forced to leave his beloved Juliet and the town of Verona in exile, Shakespeare’s Romeo said: "...
This tour starts in the beautiful Piazza Erbe. Here you can already admire the stunning 17th century...
The Zenato winery is a member of The Grand Wine Tour: an association of the finest wineries across I...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Garda re...